Satellite Services Manager
Babcock is a leading service provider to the communications industry, operating in the mobile, fixed telecommunications and broadcast infrastructure markets in the UK and internationally.
We are currently looking for a Satellite Services Manager to represent Babcock in all matters relating to its contract with the BBC to distribute World Service Radio and TV programmes around the globe. The primary role of the Satellite Services Manager is to manage the portfolio of contracts that exist between the BBC World Service and various Satellite Service Providers.
This role is responsible for delivering Contract Management Services. This will achieved through a number of processes and actions including close monitoring of suppliers’ performance while simultaneously building and maintaining strong working relationships. The Satellite Services Manager will have a comprehensive remit, covering all aspects from contract administration to market intelligence, ensuring that the BBC continues to obtain the best value from its service providers.
The successful candidate is required to have a good knowledge of the Satellite industry and contacts. A key part of the role will be to maintain knowledge of the market through their contact network and share technology and capacity developments with the BBC.
In addition to the above, the successful candidate is likely to have the following skill set and experience:
• Qualifications in Satellite Communications Engineering or a degree in Engineering, Maths or Physics and associated experience;
• Capabilities/skills/experience must include well developed knowledge of DVB-S systems and Coding & Mux technologies, video standards and HD. Also VSat and satellite based IP systems.
• A broad range of broadcast and media engineering knowledge;
• A wide range of relationships and network of contacts across all areas of the industry sector;
• In-depth knowledge of satellite system architectures and related technologies; and
• An appreciation of BBC culture and values.
• A self-starter, able to plan and structure their own time to ensure routine tasks are performed regularly and consistently alongside ad-hoc and incident related matters
To apply please visit our website www.babcock.co.uk/careers
The reference number for this position is: SS100827
Closing date for applications is Monday 26th March 2012.