This job is no longer available
PROJECT MANAGER AT THE IRISH FILM BOARD
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board (IFB) is the national development agency for Irish film investing in talent, creativity and enterprise. The agency also supports and promotes the Irish film industry and the use of Ireland as a location for international production.
As Ireland's lead agency for film development and production our core goals are as follows:
* To enable the development of a distinct Irish cinematic voices through a wide and innovative support system;
* To enable the making of film in Ireland working continuously to improve the filmmaking environment through fiscal measures to on-the-ground support;
* To enable the growth and exposure of Irish film talent through development and production initiatives, short film schemes and talent promotion through local and international film festivals, networks and partnerships;
* To grow the audience for Irish film in Ireland and abroad through the strengthening of the domestic marketplace and promoting the export of Irish film internationally;
* To promote an integrated government policy for the audio-visual/digital content sector, with film at its centre through an integrated approach to creativity, enterprise and new technologies;
* To deliver value for money to our key stakeholders and all those who benefit from the Irish Film Board - our audiences, Irish filmmakers and Irish talent, key partnerships and to Government and the Irish public justifying continued support;
Our role sees us directly involved in the creative process of Irish films and other audiovisual projects from script to screen. We provide investment for the development, production and exhibition of Irish feature films as well as television drama, animation, feature documentaries and short films.
As part of the IFB's long term strategy to continually enhance project development and production the Board is seeking to appoint three Project Managers by January 2013. The Project Managers will manage projects across all genres from the initial concept / development stage right through production financing to cinema release and other exhibition to Irish and international audiences. This structure will provide multiple access points for applicants who will have the option to approach any one of the three Project Managers with development or production applications for their projects.
The Board is now seeking to contract with the first of these Project Managers.
PROJECT MANAGER - JOB DESCRIPTION
The successful candidate will be providing his/her services to BSÉ/IFB directly reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and will be working on development and production funding applications in relation to cinema feature films, feature documentaries, television animation and television drama.
The successful candidate will be a member of the agency's core creative team comprising the CEO and the three Project Managers. The services will include working with producers, directors and writers on the development and production funding of projects (as well as other BSÉ/IFB funding initiatives including short films and other film development and film production initiatives) as well as liaising with other production financiers including film distributors, broadcasters, state film funding agencies, sales agents and other co-financiers.
The Project Managers will meet as the core creative team (with other staff of BSÉ/IFB in support) to discuss and make recommendations to the Board of BSÉ/IFB in relation to applications for development funding at least once a month (Development Meetings) and for production funding at least once a month (Production Meetings). They will be liaising with producers, directors and writers both before and after applications are considered and decisions made. They will be presenting applications for funding which have been addressed to or allocated to them at Development Meetings and Production Meetings. They will also be working with the CEO on initiatives to develop creative talent working in film and on initiatives for film financing and film production company development.
The Project Managers will have the advice and support of a panel of consultants who will be in place to support the creative work of the Project Managers particularly on script development and related matters. The consultants will be drawn from Irish and international creative talent and will be available to the Projects Managers on an ongoing basis.
PROJECT MANAGER - ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
* Experience of working in the film and television industry is essential;
* Demonstrated experience in the development process and the assessment of projects from a creative perspective;
* Ability in working with Irish creative talent including writers, directors, producers and with creative talent in bringing projects to production readiness and potential financial support;
* Ability to assess film projects from an Irish and international audience viewpoint
* Ability to assess levels and suitability of film funding in delivering film projects to audiences;
* Experience of dealing with complex production proposals containing both creative talent and matching financial information with a view to supporting quality Irish films, creative co-productions, television animation, drama and feature documentaries;
* A track record of being able to balance the cultural and creative considerations with a demonstrable understanding of the unique role of a national screen agency;
* Proven experience in developing and maintaining sound relationships with writers, directors, producers, sales-agents, distributors, co-financiers and other key stakeholders;
PROJECT MANAGER - ESSENTIAL QUALITIES
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to convince and influence outcomes - remaining calm under pressure while representing the Agency at a wide variety of fora;
* Ability to juggle a large and varied workload, to take direction, but to be able to work unsupervised on a day-to-day basis on film projects;
* A highly motivated, proactive self-starter with a keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence with a dedication to delivering on the goals of the IFB.
* A team player who can positively contribute to a dynamic and innovative working environment;
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter (x 2 copies) in strict confidence, marked "Confidential" by Friday 29th June 2012 at 5.00pm to:
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board
14/16 Lord Edward Street,
The covering letter should address how your experience and skills will contribute to the position and the challenges inherent in the role.
The target remuneration for this position is €60,000 (ex VAT) annualised and negotiable. Remuneration will be confirmed upon offer of a position.
A shortlist for first round interviews will be prepared and candidates for a possible second round may be expected to prepare script coverage and make a short presentation of a selected project at second interview stage.
The first Project Manager who is contracted will be based in Dublin and will be working on a consultancy basis invoicing for his/her services monthly for an initial period of two years.
For more information about Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board visit www.irishfilmboard.ie