This job is no longer available
Position Title: Programming Associate – Factual & Lifestyle
Division: Corporate International
Department: Production Management
Reports to: Lifestyle Unit Manager or Factual Unit Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY: competitive
The Programming Associate is responsible for providing support to all of the commissions and co-productions generated from the London office from development through to final delivery of the programme. This role will be a key service to the producers, production management and production and development departments. They will also be the primary liaison between the producer and all Discovery Internal business units for production related matters.
This role requires a person with exceptional inter personal skills as key to this role is managing and driving the constant communication flow between multiple stakeholders internally and externally. Equally essential is the ability to prioritise and deliver consistently and calmly under pressure.
• Reporting into PMD, this role will be the primary source of support to unit managers and executive producers across all commissions and co-productions for DNI, Western Europe and CEEMEA.
• Responsible for tracking all production components of commissions and co-productions with a strong understanding of data integrity, chasing and updating all tracker information ahead of key meetings; maintaining programming business systems, including entering programme information into Programme Tracking
• Be the key point of contact and support for producers, and take responsibility for, all programme related matters such as; producer portal queries, DMC uploads of treatments and clips, clock numbers, end credits, programme layout, cameras, tech spec, rights waivers
• Be the key point of contact between external Production Companies and all DCL internal departments such as programming across all regions, scheduling, press and marketing, business affairs, music library and footage source, network operations, languaging, reversioning and finance. Be responsible for updating all internal departments, where relevant, to any key changes in production.
• Be responsible for negotiating contract exhibits (as directed by unit manager), for example production budget, payment schedule, production schedule and deliverables. Be responsible for the compilation of ed spec per production.
• Be responsible for managing EP viewing schedules on productions plus organizing internal and external production meetings for the executive producers and unit managers
• Organise compliance viewings and feedback compliance notes from reversioning and compliance departments to EPs and producer as required. Track compliance notes per production.
• Track air dates in IBMS and update Exec Producer and Unit Manager where appropriate
• Review delivery of all program deliverables for contract compliance ahead of final payment and archive projects following release of final payment
• Where appropriate, take responsibility for clip editing and presentations (as directed by EP)
Proven understanding of and experience in the programme production process and broadcast television
A highly organised, self-starter who has the ability to prioritize duties effectively; A high level of organisational ability, administrative and time management skills are necessary in order to succeed in this role. Ability to work across multiple concurrent projects under tight deadlines.
A team player who can build productive relationships – must be able to interact effectively with management team, corporate partners and members throughout the organisation. Establishes rapport and demonstrates sensitivity to the agenda and priorities of others. Strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills with an emphasis on customer service; Demonstrates motivation and enthusiasm, with a commitment to achieve goals.
Recognises when to consult, seek consensus or make a decision alone. Critically evaluates relevant information to support decision making, and provides documentation if required.
Proficiency and experience with Excel and Word for Windows, PT, IBMS and database applications such as Lotus, Access and/or web-based databases.