This job is no longer available
Locations Department Manager
Salary Range from £36,000
Dual located – Edinburgh and Glasgow
World War Z filmed in Glasgow. Cloud Atlas filmed in Edinburgh. Under the Skin filmed in locations across Scotland. Prometheus filmed in North West Scotland. The Railway Man filmed in Perth, and East Lothian. In terms of international films being made in Scotland, we already punch well above our weight.
At Creative Scotland, we not only invest directly in film projects, we also actively promote Scotland as a place to make films, TV, commercials or still photography production. Scotland has a wealth of fantastic locations ranging from our iconic natural landscapes through to our urban environment and our towns and cities.
Following on from recent success in this area of our work, we are now looking to recruit a dynamic and experienced individual to lead our Locations work and ensure its continued growth.
The role will involve:
• Promotion of Scotland as a film and TV location, through presence at film and TV markets and festivals, in locations and film guides, and in press and broadcast media
• Working in partnership with national and international film, TV and locations agencies.
• Responding to locations enquiries from potential incoming film and television producers and/or locations managers/scouts etc
• Managing a Locations Incentive Investment Programme, and
• Managing a team of two staff.
We seek an experienced local, national or international locations professional with an understanding of Scotland’s locations, and of film and TV production in Scotland. The candidate should have excellent team working, communications, budgeting and reporting skills, strong interpersonal skills and be able and willing to travel nationally and internationally.
Creative Scotland is an equal opportunities employer.
Further information and an application form can be found at http://www.creativescotland.com/about/our-jobs
Closing date for applications is noon on Wednesday 25 July 2012.