This job is no longer available
The role of the research department is to convert consumer and market information into the concise insights and strategic recommendations that provide Discovery Networks Europe with clear competitive advantage.
This role works with the Research Managers and other members of the research team to support multiple departments across Discovery Network UK by producing high quality, actionable insight through a range of desktop and commissioned projects (quantitative and qualitative).
• This role will act as a support for the Research Manager but will also require independent management of projects and internal client relationships.
• Fully exploit available data such as Barb/Techedge, TGI, and our own viewer panel in order to provide actionable insights to support and develop the business. Present this information to internal clients in order to gain competitive advantage.
• Work with the Research Manager and the team to ensure the programming and marketing departments have clear and actionable information on consumers and the television market.
• Support the Sales and Distribution team by providing data from a range of sources to help forecast channel performance and win commercial partnerships.
• Provide the Scheduling department with clear, actionable information to help grow our portfolio of channels.
• To jointly share responsibility for the regular reporting with the other team members.
• Enjoy TV research, understand UK TV market and want to develop Discovery UK’s business
• An understanding of the issues shaping the UK TV market
• Extensive experience of peoplemeter data and tools for example Infosys or Techedge, TGI, DDS.
• Good knowledge of computer Microsoft software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Good writing skills – producing clear, concise and useful reports
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Strong communications skills – being able to present information that will be most relevant to our internal clients.
• Ability to plan, prioritise and complete work accurately in a set time frame.