This job is no longer available
There is an exciting opportunity for a business oriented Programme Manager in Reuters Media Division. The role will be responsible for the definition and worldwide implementation of Reuters' multi-million dollar, High Definition Upgrade Program and other strategic video related projects.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and capable programme manager with a proven track record of partnering with business sponsors to prioritise, resource, and successfully deliver complex strategic initiatives from initiation through market launch. He / she should have excellent communication, leadership and relationship building skills and a proven history of performance.
• Manage a program and portfolio of projects required to deliver the customer-driven, multi-million dollar High Definition video strategy. Drive teams to successfully deliver to customer needs, and scope, quality and time requirements.
• Actively identify, engage and manage relationships with key global stakeholders within Media, the wider Thomson Reuters’ organization, customers and partners.
• Participate in the selection, contract process, onboarding and management of hardware, software and service vendors.
• Identify and actively manage / mitigate key project and program level risks, dependencies and issues.
• Ensure that the plan, solution, resources and budget support realization of business benefits.
• Promote a culture of operational excellence, with the right level of framework and governance.
• Provide visibility on all programs, projects, workstreams to senior management and stakeholders.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of best practices and simplification of tools and processes.
• Perform other assignments as requested by manager.
• Domestic/International travel may be required.
• Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in business, international management, media, media technologies or related subjects preferred.
• PMP or equivalent certification preferred.
• Substantial relevant project management experience or an equivalent combination of project management experience, business experience and education.
• Experience managing large scale business projects, technology projects, and content delivery projects, third party technical vendors and content providers,
• Must be capable of managing several large complex global, geographically distributed projects and programs simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
• Experience creating complete detailed plans and summary roadmaps for complex projects.
• Experience dealing with, presenting to and managing at all levels, from project team members to senior management, key stakeholders and clients.
• Demonstrated strong networks of business, sales, technology and operational stakeholders.
• A demonstrated passion for getting things done.
• Exceptional presentation skills.
• Ability to translate complex information into the right message for the right audience.
• Outstanding leadership, team building, relationship management and negotiation skills.
• Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexibility to lead and adapt processes & project plans in a dynamic business environment.
• Proven problem-solving skills and a solutions-driven mentality.
• Media, Broadcast, or Editorial experience desirable