This job is no longer available
Senior Project Manager
Reports to: Head of Events
Department: Sky Creative
The Senior Project Manager will work in a team of Project Managers whose key role is to organise and produce large and bespoke on-air projects, and play a key role in achieving high end production standards as required by Sky Creative across all channels and departments within Sky.
The postholder will be expected to manage staff, budgets and resources to ensure that all projects are managed efficiently and effectively with the highest attention to detail.
The Senior Project Manager will have an understanding of TV and Production and understand the importance of working within a team managing large scale projects with varying budgets and deadlines. They will oversee large projects involving multi-platforms across the business and be able to pull together these areas to produce award winning projects.
The Senior Project Manager will report into the Head of Events for Sky Creative, who will lead the off air and on air large campaign, projects and events.
Overview of Department
Sky Creative is a 300+ strong and delivers creative solutions to Sky's portfolio of channels & products and brands supporting TV, print and digital across multiple areas of the business as well as multiple platforms like Sky Anytime, Anytime+, Sky Go.
- To ensure that all projects are original, effective and produced to the highest possible standards
- To embrace risk taking, innovation and working to tight deadlines
- To ensure output is high quality, on brand, meets objectives and conforms to the brief's requirements
- A thorough understanding of Sky's brand guidelines
- To work closely with the Sky Creative support functions in Production & Operations and Campaign Management
- Practice outstanding quality control over concepts and projects
- Demonstrate a good understanding of channel identities and have previous experience of working in a TV platform environment
- Understand business objectives/requirements
- To deliver outstanding and award winning projects that go above and beyond the brief and are accurately scheduled and budgeted
- To act as a champion for the BSkyB values
- Must have experience working in a 360 environment across all platforms
- Have experience in working in a media environment with a TV and multi-platform company
- Have a proven track record in creating and managing projects from start to finish
- Have general technical understanding of production, VT, formats and post
- Experience in scheduling and forecasting and hitting tight deadlines
- Ability to pull together external and external resources where necessary to complete projects
- Problem solving, trouble shooting and putting forward recommended methods and solutions for project
- To oversee booking of all services, personnel, equipment & production requirements for all major projects
- Ability to understand a brief, allocate necessary resource and workflow and be accountable for project
- To ensure all essential legal, compliance, insurance and safety guidelines are adhered to
What next? To apply for this post or for information on our other opportunities, please click onto www.workforsky.com
Due to the fast paced nature of Sky's Businesses our vacancy close dates may be subject to change
Believe in better!
It's our people that make Sky the UK's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.