This job is no longer available
Position Title: Content Operations Manager
Location: Chiswick Park, London
Department: Content Operations
Reports to: Director of MAM / Director of Language Operations
This role, a key role in Content Operations, is responsible for the content supply chain from the receipt of programme material through to transmission.
The Content Operations Manager is responsible for managing a team of 20+ people to ensure that all programme materials are made available for transmission with sufficient time to go through the required processes including ingest, quality assessment, edit and language customisation and that the finished programmes are delivered to the transmission facility to the required standards.
A key focus of this role is to provide key account management to the business by determining the upcoming supply chain and understanding the programming strategy for dedicated regions.
This role will oversee the day to day management of the supply of programme deliverables (including video, audio dubbing and subtitling) and will provide a contact for Programming, Production Management and Legal Affairs. This role will oversee the Language Customisation process across 27+ languages, managing and liaising with 40+ third party vendors based in region.
Occasional travel within the region may be required.
• Manage, lead and develop a team of 20+ people
• Responsibility for the end-end programme delivery workflow from receipt of programme deliverables (including video, audio dubbing and subtitling) through the required processes to TX
• Oversee and govern the long form content supply chain, including schedule release and programme processing agreements in place with the business
• Ensure the delivery and quality of programme content to air (including video, audio dubbing and subtitling) is consistent with MTPO performance targets
• Work collaboratively other MTPO departments within the supply chain i.e. MAM, Ingest, Post Production and Transmission ensuring working relationships and communication are of the highest standards
• Identifying key development opportunities for improved asset tracking, system development and enhanced reporting. Driving forward the system and software development needs for Content Operations with the IT and Engineering teams, overseeing testing, implementation, and relevant training.
• Escalation point and key contact for resolution of high priority issues for the department
• Third party management of language vendors
• Ensuring external vendors and the business are fully informed of programme delivery requirements and are notified of any changes to programme deliverables specifications
• Successfully manage the relationship between Content Operations and the wider business in specified regions
• Establish regular communication with the business with a focus on future programming strategy and planned throughput
• Meet the business needs with regards to the requirements for synchronized scheduling, fast track and code red processing
• Provide support to the Director of MAM and Director of Language Operations in operational decision making
• Identify savings opportunities; promote sharing of best practice and process change opportunities to increase efficiency.
• Collate costs, resource and personnel requirements for Programme and Language Operations for input into the business planning process on request.
• Assist in Content Operations execution and implementation of new business plans, launches and initiatives.
• Proactive solid relationship building within DNE and DCI
• Other duties as required
• Strong leadership and team management skills demonstrating the ability to motivate, develop and inspire a team
• Experience managing large teams across multiple functions
• An experienced account management background demonstrating the ability to successfully form and manage relationships in an international environment
• Proven track record of supply chain management, with a in-depth experience of media processing workflows
• Adept at working collaboratively other internal departments within the supply chain
• Working knowledge of content and media asset management systems.
• Pro-active in trouble-shooting, problem solving and avoidance of issues
• Adaptable and flexible in a challenging, demanding and fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills and ability to represent Content Operations at a high level in meetings
• Take the lead for you department in projects e.g. channel and language launches, ensuring a considered and effective approach is deployed, projects are delivered on time and to budget and risks and issues highlighted
• Ability to assimilate information from multiple sources, demonstrating strong analytical skills and with the capability to see the implications across the business and make informed decisions
• Ideally between 5 to 10 years’ experience in multi lingual broadcast operations
• Ability to prioritize and work autonomously under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Experience of 3rd party vendor management
• Strong team player and solid interpersonal skills
• Experience of budget and expense management
• Language skills an advantage
• Ideally educated to degree level, BA or BSc
• Programming in SD & HD for 72 DNE Networks
• Managing and developing team of 20+ people
• Media and Ingest management of 6500 programme hours per year
• Language Customisation of 50,000 assets per year
• 27+ Languages, 40+ Language Vendors
• Creation of >10000+ versions in IBMS each year