This job is no longer available
Digital Production Manager
Tenure – Permanent
Location – Rathbone Place, London (W1)
Based - Sony DADC UK Ltd - (UK, Central London)
Join us at SONY: one of the most recognised and respected brand names in the world –
Sony DADC New Media Solutions (NMS), is a pioneering provider of end-to-end digital supply chain solutions to customers across the media and entertainment industries, including major film studios, broadcasters, music labels, game companies, software providers, and other content providers.
Purpose of the role:
Having just moved into our brand new state-of-the-art facility we are currently looking for a Digital Production Manager to join our NMS Video team. The Digital Production Manager plays a key role within the Sony DADC organisation, focusing on managing and executing our client’s digital requirements, which are being processed within the London operation, and working with the Head of Customer Services and the Director of Operations to manage priorities and capacities across the business.
The ideal candidate will have operational knowledge of the digital supply chain, fully understand the file based process and have a thorough familiarity with broadcast video/audio techniques.
The successful candidate will be part of a small group and must be able to work both independently and within a team. In addition, they should possess good technical knowledge, show strong initiative and should be comfortable interacting with internal departments, clients and vendors
Key Tasks and Objectives:
• To manage the day-to-day effectiveness and efficiency for the Digital Video Operation (Video encode/ capture, transcode, package and delivery, metadata management, planning, scheduling and production coordination) through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions
• Ensure that internal and external operational SLA’s targets are being achieved and review on a regular basis to drive efficiencies within the team
• Provide input and drive the introduction of new systems, people and tools that support the creation of a Global supply chain operation geared toward operational excellence and best in class performance within the media industry.
• Ensuring all delivered content adheres to Sony DADC technical standards and guidelines passes all the appropriate QC checks.
• Facilitate team development and knowledge-share of best-practice digital production techniques.
• Monitoring production processes and standards, implement quality-control programmes as necessary, adjusting schedules and updating affected business areas as needed.
• Engage with colleagues in the Sony DADC Los Angeles office to ensure best practice across the group
• Liaise with the Client Services and Fulfilment teams on any issues relating to delivery delays, faulty materials, material replacements etc.
• Attend Regular meetings with leadership team, Operations, Client Services and relevant stakeholders to review operational performance and customer satisfaction across LA, London and additional operational entities as required.
• Time management authorisation and approval of staff timesheets, overtime and holiday
Knowledge and Experience:
• Extensive experience in leading media distribution supply chain operations
• Extensive work experience in the video/audio supply chain operations field
• Knowledge of digital video, audio, metadata and post-production
• Possess operational knowledge of the digital supply chain and fully understand the file based process and have a thorough familiarity with broadcast video/audio techniques
• Detail-oriented exceptional leadership, listening, problem solving and communication skills (both oral and written).
• The role requires high levels of organisation, and the ability to prioritise the workload according to ever changing business needs.
• Excellent technical knowledge of video master file formats, transcoding process, metadata, post production and broadcast industry.
• Familiar with the complexities of digital asset management and content management systems.
• This candidate will possess a deep sense of responsibility, strong interpersonal, written and communication skills, both internally and externally.
• A self-motivated team player, a tactful negotiator with excellent people management skills
• Be an advocate for quality, driving team to deliver in line with agreed SLAs, providing root cause analysis and corrective action program to support meeting objectives.
• Great organisational skills; possess the ability to prioritise diverse workload on tight time schedules.
• Seek to improve efficiency and quality of technical operations
• Ability to develop colleagues with little technical knowledge.
If you are interested in applying for our Digital Production Manager role, please send your CV and a Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, due to a large volume of applicants, we will only be able to respond to those candidates who have been successful.