This job is no longer available
Lime Pictures is one of Britain's most exciting, ambitious and dynamic independent content production companies. Producer of Hollyoaks (C4), The Only Way is Essex (ITV2), House of Anubis (Nickelodeon), Rockets Island (CBBC) and Geordie Shore (MTV), it has a reputation for creating and delivering a diverse range of award winning, talked about content.
Central to continuing Lime’s current success as well as delivering the companies future ambitions (that include International growth), is the need for a first class Head of HR who will be a key member of the senior management team. Working as a strategic partner, the job-holder will help to create a people strategy that will drive the business forward, achieving significant cultural and organisational change and encompassing both modernisation and professionalisation throughout the company.
Underpinning the Company’s strategic brief, the Head of HR will have primary responsibility for all HR activity, providing a comprehensive and first rate internal HR consultancy that focuses on the delivery of operational and commercial excellence. The role will report directly into Lime Pictures’ Managing Director, Claire Poyser and encompass the following responsibilities;
• Lead and manage the HR function within Lime Pictures;
• Support senior management team to define the HR Strategy (ensuring it is aligned to the key business objectives) and translate the strategy into business outcomes;
• Provide expert HR advice and support to senior managers on all aspects of people management, performance management, current legislation and best practice;
• Devise, publish and monitor the Company’s HR policies and procedures ensuring legal compliance, synergy with Group Policies and best practice implementation;
• Play an active leading role in managing employee relations, including all formal disciplinary and grievance processes;
• Manage relationships with trade unions and industry steering groups and lead in discussions and negotiations with Trade Union representatives;
• Manage the talent management strategy ensuring the needs of the business are met by identifying and addressing talent and resourcing issues;
• Provide resource and strategic thinking in the evolution and implementation of an internal communication strategy and employee engagement initiatives;
• Manage all change management processes;
• Develop and maintain successful relationships with all key stakeholders both internally and externally;
• Manage and develop the HR Team including Learning and Development;
The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, have an eye for detail, appetite for responsibility, an appreciation of the content creation environment and be able to work autonomously.
They must be;
• CIPD Qualified with 3-4 years PQE;
• 3-5 years’ experience in HR management at a departmental Head level;
• Demonstrable understanding and experience of delivering objectives within a creative environment
• A proven facilitator with an ability to deliver creative solutions to complex scenarios where standard templates are not appropriate;
• Have a strong track record in employee relations ideally union negotiations and house agreements;
• An experience of managing HR & Payroll systems implementation and project managing data migration exercises;
• Hands-on, energetic, proactive, self-starter who is able to work to tight deadlines and manage projects through to closure;
• Strong Presentation experience;
• Ability to lead processes as well as work as part of a team across business areas;
• Experience of creative media or TV production industry, with an established network, would be highly advantageous.
This will be a challenging role and some flexibility may be required with hours of work during peak times of activity.
If you are interested, feel you have the right background and the drive to make a difference in this role, please send a CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com noting “Head of HR” as the subject.
The closing date for this post is 1 March 2013.