HEAD OF PRODUCTION
World Media Rights is an ambitious and highly successful indie that makes high volume Specialist Factual series for the international market, never selling in fewer than 30 territories. Our subjects range from archaeological mysteries to why aeroplanes crash, from Mafia hitmen to the links between animal trafficking and organised crime. We have gone inside the CIA, colourised 13 hours of World War 2 footage, told the tales behind astonishing special forces missions and explored the rise of Hitler and other brutal dictators. Our films combine rigorous journalism with rip-roaring story-telling, often interweaving dramatic reconstruction, documentary footage, archive of actual events and eyewitness testimony.
Based in Hammersmith, and reporting into World Media Right’s CEO, the role of Head of Production is responsible for overseeing all productions from inception to close down. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced TV professional who will get a real kick out of helping the business grow.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensuring operational support of productions, from development through commissioning, pre-production, production, post and delivery, making maximum use of companies in-house resources and facilities. Hands on support for team and fire fighting of issues.
- Liaising with finance and production managers at UK and international broadcasters and with distribution partners
- Working with WMR’s Finance Director to ensure the accurate reporting of production costs and cash flow forecasts
- Working with the senior management team in the strategic development of the company
- Managing staff performance, developing and monitoring team and dealing with performance issues
The ideal candidate for this position will have solid experience of working as a Production Executive or Head of Production ideally in a factual or drama company.
Key requirements include:
- Extensive budgeting and scheduling skills
- Great people management skills - confident in leading busy teams
- Confident in juggling multiple projects and running a diverse slate
- Flexible and creative
- Ability to understand and be involved in complex negotiations, representing the best interests of the Company
To apply, please forward your details by the 21st April to: Alan Griffiths: email@example.com