Head of Television
BAFTA is seeking a Head of Television to deliver the Television & Television Craft Awards
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) is a charity that supports, develops and promotes the art forms of the moving image by identifying and rewarding excellence, inspiring practitioners and benefitting the general public.
The Membership and Awards department of BAFTA delivers five ceremonies per year – Film, Television, Television Craft, Children’s and Games and with over 7500 voting members worldwide. The department represents the breadth and depth of the ever-changing film, television and games industries and now requires a highly competent and experienced individual to develop the strategy and manage the delivery of the Television Awards.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Television Senior Awards Officer in delivering the Television Awards to their gold standard.
This candidate should have excellent knowledge and experience of the television industry, be well organised, able to remain calm under extreme pressure and have excellent organisation and communication skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- To increase public awareness and industry engagement (with new and current broadcasters & channels) before, during and after the Awards;
- To manage the Television & Television Craft Awards, alongside the Television Senior Officer, including the schedule, online voting communication, collating and processing entries and liaising with the Academy’s scrutineers;
- To increase the engagement of the current Television Membership, working alongside the Membership Manager, including the voting timetable, analysing voting stats (including the international voters), promoting the wide range of benefits and ensuring the make-up of the Television Membership is in line with the strategy;
- To reach and grow the international audience but to continue to celebrate the Britishness of the ceremony;
- To work with the Senior Awards Officer in growing the Television Craft Awards, ensuring they remain relevant and part of the Television Awards;
- Alongside the Television Senior Awards Officer, to manage the budget and ticketing process;
- To work with the Director of Membership & Awards to coordinate and guide strategy for marketing, publicity and press campaigns for the Television Awards, in liaison with our Production and Communications Departments, external PR company and title sponsor. This will include writing press releases and overseeing the PR campaign;
- To promote BAFTA as an organisation committed to developing a new generation of talent and improving the diversity of the industry;
- To oversee the administration and management of BAFTA’s Television Committee and manage the monthly committee meetings;
- To work with Production Team and the Television Awards production company on elements of the ceremony and TV broadcast ensuring all information within the ceremony is correct e.g. clips packages, graphics, script mentions of named categories and sponsor mentions;
- To line manage and develop the Television Senior Awards Officer.
Key skills required:
- Excellent knowledge of the television industry; at least three years’ experience of working in the industry;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels with diplomacy and professionalism;
- Calm under extreme pressure;
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to process large amounts of sensitive data quickly and correctly;
- Experience of line managing and developing team members;
- An ability to recommend, communicate and implement strategies, proficient in communicating ideas and influencing both internally and externally;
- Self-motivated, resilient and confident decision maker with the ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously;
- Stakeholder management skills;
- Budget planning and management skills;
- Flexible thinker with the ability to embrace changes in the business and work effectively as part of a team.
The position is offered on a fixed-term basis at the BAFTA staff offices in Piccadilly for 12 months starting in September 2016
For full details on how to apply please visit www.bafta.org/jobs