The Director of Operations & Client Services
Discovery Creative London is the multi-award-winning in-house agency creating brand identities, on-air promotions, advertising, branded content and communications for consumer, trade and corporate use across a range of media - principally TV, print and digital – for Discovery’s UK portfolio of pay and free-to-air channel brands, including Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet, Quest and Eurosport.
Reporting to the VP Creative, the Director of Operations & Client Services is a key role, whose primary focus is to run the operational and account management aspects of the team, ensuring stakeholders are managed exceptionally, all services are delivered on time and to a consistently high standard, and the team performance, processes and culture are optimized at all times.
You will be seen as both a defender of the creative process as well as a valuable source of guidance to the marketing team. You are passionate and can demonstrate real enthusiasm for great creative work.
You will provide leadership and direction to those around you to create an environment that inspires peak performance; assess existing processes and approaches, always seeking a better solution; and input into the strategic direction and tactics of client accounts based on a strong understanding of their brand, marketing and business objectives.
Internal Team Management
• Work closely with VP, creative and production management to ensure that creative work is delivered on-time and to budget & completed to the highest quality and always to the clients’ satisfaction.
• Handle key project logistics, including budgetary forecasting, milestone delivery and creative approval
• Be a core trouble-shooter for the agency, knowing how to offer solutions that ensure the smooth running and fluidity of a project
• Organise and run weekly management meetings, taking note of timescales and actions agreed and distributing to management team
• Weekly catch up with VP to present overview of agency activity.
• Proactively develop and contribute to the culture and identity of the Creative team.
• Build relationships with key stakeholders - to include marketing and channel teams, commercial and compliance teams; and external partners and clients.
• Understand stakeholder goals and how they translate into a creative strategy.
• Develop strategies and relationships to sell in and deliver the boldest and best creative solutions.
• Set up and run stakeholder meetings and calls
• Lead key briefings, de-briefs and feedback sessions
• Oversee and lead the Account Management team as they manage and grow existing accounts
• Ensure that the team deliver on action points and to timescales
• Hands-on management of high-profile projects and new business.
• Support and develop commercial opportunities with new & existing clients.
This role demands an individual who has drive, dynamism and presence. Strong operational and account management skills and proven track record in delivery; attention to detail combined with ability to see the bigger picture. They must possess credibility and presence internally and externally, and be able to effortlessly problem solve and bring people together.
This successful candidate will be able to deputise for the VP Creative and represent the Creative team when required.
• 5-10 years account and resource/ops management experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
• TV, digital and/or media agency experience
• Excellent people management skills developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Commercial experience and mindset
• Ability to juggle multiple projects with varied internal/external deadlines.
• A strategic and analytical thinker who can make swift decisions, able to adapt to changes and deliver results.
• Demonstrable experience in project management at a senior level
• Thorough understanding of the creative process
• Ability to keep calm and organized under pressure
• Logical thinker & clear communicator
• Knowledge and passion for DNUK brands and creative output
• Strong team player