Motion Graphic Designer
At MTV, our mission is to kill boring! We are the biggest and boldest youth entertainment brand on the planet. A global network that reaches more than half a billion households across TV, mobile or online with fun and innovative content and experiences. At MTV, we get people talking. We fuel the pop culture conversation. We champion youth, nurture their creativity and stand up for the issues they believe in. And of course, music is at the heart of everything we do. We are the music insider bringing audiences the newest music through to the biggest A-list artists. More than anything, we entertain wherever and whenever.
The Designer role is a key to bringing Kill Boring to life on screen, on the ground and off air. This role within MTV UK’s fast moving and dynamic Creative Department will work on graphic design projects, internal and external across MTV portfolio of channels, including both local and international initiatives as well as work on projects and collaborate with external design agencies. The Designer will have considerable knowledge of advertising, promotion, social and digital landscape and would be required to approach all projects with the bigger picture in mind. Working across a wide range of integrated 360 campaigns and projects including promos, commercials, print, packaging, branding and on-screen. The designer will execute MTV’s Kill Boring mission throughout all work they create. The Designer must understand the core brand values of each channel and ensure these are at the heart of every campaign as well as having a wide understanding of the business objectives. You will work in an integrated way with all departments producing design requirements across the business. Excellent communication skills are a must.
YOU'LL NEED TO OWN...
- Create and produce design projects across MTV UK’s network of 10 channels.
- Creatively execute Kill Boring in all assets created for MTV
- Work across projects ranging from channel rebrands, commercials, promos, print, packaging and on screen elements; ensuring all gfx adhere to brand guidelines both locally and internationally.
- To contribute a strong creative style and voice to a brief that will enhance the brand On Air.
- To work with a team to create image campaigns and identities
- Excellent knowledge of the MTV UK brands and schedule is essential, as is the ability to produce fresh and unexpected ideas for promoting it.
- A considerable knowledge of the TV and post-production environment will ensure the ability to work under considerable pressure in a fast moving and very creative department.
- A sound knowledge of MTV UK’s competitors in particular, the social and digital landscape and the wider UK television multi-channel landscape in general, are also important.
- To create and deliver all graphics elements to deadline
- To create and deliver all graphics elements within budget
- To work closely, support and help the producers to realise graphic solutions and add coherent graphic value to on air material
- Liaise closely with the TX link team to ensure correct implementation of gfx
- To be up to date with the latest design and youth culture trends. Understanding of the visual language of the audience.
- To recommend new technology and creative solutions
- To work across all departments at MTV to create design solutions where required.
- Implement compelling, effective and relevant design at all times.
- Ensuring creative excellence at all times across the portfolio.
YOU MUST HAVE THESE NINJA SKILLS...
- Graphic design excellence
- Passion for design, typography, motion graphics and all aspects of the creative process
- Proven talent in animation, typography and broadcast design
- Excellent operating knowledge of TV and graphic technology
- Experienced user in After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, FCP/Premier
- Experience in Maya/Cinema 4D would be preferred
- Proficient editing skills
- Well rounded experience in film and post production techniques
- Thorough understanding of social and digital landscape and it’s visual language
- Thorough understanding of the MTV UK network brands and its place in the UK television landscape
- Good knowledge of MTV’s digital brands and social landscape across the board
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly creative
- Passionate about design
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player
- Patient and good under pressure