Filmnova are looking to recruit a Producer to work across all aspects of our broadcast and non-broadcast output. The Producer will help drive creative and editorial content for programming as well as having a wider lead role on key projects. There will be the requirement to produce highlights programmes as well as some live gallery producing and filmed inserts for live programming. The Producer will be expected to maintain close relationships with clients, stakeholders, technical suppliers and a regular pool of freelance staff.
Main Duties and Key Accountabilities:
- Working with FilmNova’s Creative Editor to identify and drive editorial content for programming and to edit/produce highlights and live programmes when required.
- To produce FilmNova’s International highlights programmes and be a key contact for those broadcasters as well as responsibility for scheduling and contract renewal.
- Where required to project-lead throughout the planning stage of programme delivery, including regular meetings with stakeholders, broadcast contacts and technical suppliers.
- Responsibility for programme content including sourcing of archive, producing inserts, planning of VT workflow, delivery and coordinating archive management.
- Project management of a digital archive solution for a major client.
- To edit produce or oversee edits performed by the FilmNova editor for clients and stakeholders.
- To help identify new technologies to improve ways of working and innovation.
- To liaise with Broadcaster/Client online and social media teams, drive online and social media requirements for FilmNova and coordinate broadcast content for Great Run Social Media Channels.
Skills & Experience
- Experienced Assistant Producer who is ready to take on a more senior role, or a Producer who is looking to join an exciting and ambitious production company with an enviable portfolio of broadcast work.
- You will have a background in sports broadcasting including experience of working on live OB productions and a passion for sport including Athletics. Previous experience working on Athletics will be an advantage.
- Excellent editorial judgement, a track record of delivering original journalism and creative flair, coupled with planning and organisational qualities and excellent attention to detail is a must.
- A demonstrable knowledge of Ofcom and BBC Editorial Guidelines.
- Demonstrable leadership and communication skills when managing projects and people, as well as the ability to collaborate as part of a team led by another member of the Production.
- Experience of reconciling editorial aspiration with financial constraint, of planning and revising production budgets and schedules in order to deliver programmes on time and on budget.
- Knowledge of Filmnova’s work in addition to a clear understanding of our clients and audiences.
- Good contacts throughout the broadcast industry.
- The role is based in Covent Garden, but most of our broadcast work is based on location in the UK, so travel will be necessary.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Closing date for applications is 11th May 2017
- Interviews w/c 15th May
- Start Date end June 2017
What will we offer you?
- The opportunity to work as part of a committed, friendly, experienced professional team on fantastic live televised sporting events including the world famous Great North Run!
- A competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package including generous pension scheme, life assurance performance payment scheme, 25 days holiday per year & private healthcare
- Additional benefits include childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans
- Opportunities to develop your career at The Great Run Company
- Learning and development opportunities within your role