UK - News Product Manager - 18 month Fixed Term Contract
UK - News Product Manager
18 month Fixed Term Contract
MTV International is looking for a Product Manager to focus on building world class consumer products for our news vertical. The ideal candidate is a digital native who is passionate both personally and professionally about digital, design, and interactive arts. She or He is a collaborative person who has a demonstrated ability to lead teams in launching and iterating on products with great user experiences.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with designers, engineers, project managers, and content creators to build features for our mobile apps and website that make it easy to consume and fun to share MTV content.
- Facilitate conversation amongst key stakeholders to inform product strategy, design, roadmaps and timelines.
- Collaboratively determine key performance indicators with the team, and then consistently AB test and evaluate data to drive progress.
- Passionately track growth and retention numbers, and imagine ways to consistently improve these fundamental metrics.
- Develop user testing and research plans to ensure new products and features deeply meet the needs of our target audiences.
- Prioritize bugs and work to maintain a high standard of quality
- You are deft at retrieving and dissecting data with tools such as Google Analytics (if you know SQL, that’s a plus!)
- You have prior experience designing and building consumer products, including obsessing over designing viral loops.
- You have prior experience running and reporting on AB tests
- You enjoy working with distributed teams and are an extraordinary communicator in every medium — from hipchat to video conferencing to in-person gatherings.
- You can build wireframes, write functional product specs, and test like a champ.
- You're detail-oriented, organized and practical, and you know how to take the seed of an idea through to launch and how to prioritize effectively to get things done.
- You have lots of ideas and the judgment to identify which ones are worth pursuing.
- You have a deep understanding of the technical and operational requirements of projects and products. You don’t need to be an engineer, but you need to speak the language of APIs, caching layers, databases and pull requests.
- You pay close attention to the latest developments in in the consumer media space, from major social apps to new experiments in mobile video, VR and audio interfaces.
- You want to work for a company that believes in smart experimentation, agility, mutual respect and having fun.