Senior Media Manager
Timeline Television is a market-leading provider of broadcast technology and services. Our portfolio includes Outside Broadcasts, Post Production facilities in London and MediaCityUK, RF and Satellite, Managed Services and System Integration.
We are trusted by some of the biggest brands in the UK and international television market including the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and BT Sport.
Timeline has recently been awarded the contract to manage the media archive for ITV Sport and as a result we are now looking for a Senior Media Manager who will be based at ITV Sport offices.
Overall responsibility for the media content management and sport production archive workflow, including in depth technical supervision and line management of the staff.
The successful candidate will join the media content management team and will be based at both ITV Sport offices and Timeline Ealing. This role could also include visits to oversee on-going productions at other locations both in the UK and abroad.
- Supervise the media management technical workflow, including coordination of Timeline support and planning.
- Responsibility for media workflow staff management and liaison.
- Control of media supplies and consumables
- Management of all sport media content including development, supervision and updating of departmental policies and procedures for the management of media.
- Sport Archive management – including logging, metadata schemas and workflow, ingest and deletion protocols in accordance with ITV policies.
- System administration including proactively planning storage systems and media to meet the needs of ITV Sport Production.
- Liaising with, and understanding the requirements of all media stakeholders and representing ITV Sport within the ITV Archiving team.
- Front line support for all media management issues
- Provide regular robust and accurate reporting structure to senior management on the status of the storage systems and team performance against targets for managing media (including, but not limited to, logging and management of metadata).
- Working with ITV Sport Sales to facilitate manageable requests and workflows.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record in Media Acquisition
- Considerable experience working with server based production technologies
- Proven experience prioritising workflow through a complex sport production system
- Extensive understanding of the broadcast production processes
- Solid knowledge of broadcast technical standards
- IT literate with extensive experience of media file formats.
- Experience of technical management of a mixed Avid/EVS Sport system
- Knowledge of EVS IP Director would be beneficial
- Proven staff management experience
- Proven record of organising and running a sports media service
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Confident, self assured style
- Motivated self-starter; Autonomous work style
- Intuitive, able to accurately assess, based on sound knowledge and experience
- Assertive – Excellent negotiating and persuading skills
- Works effectively within a team
- Highly flexible
Please note this position will can entail some shift and weekend work, dependant on sport events and production requirements.
Our benefits include private health, an employee well-being plan, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and more.
To apply please email email@example.com with your CV and Covering Letter explaining why you would be great for this role!
Only applicants with the right to work in the United Kingdom will be considered.
Apply for Senior Media Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly