Location: Central London, moving to West London later in 2017.
DMA Media is recruiting for a Farsi-language channel – Iran International News.
Iran International News channel is targeted at people living in Iran and those in the Farsi speaking diaspora.
It will be a news and factual channel with news bulletins, talk shows, documentaries, features and magazine content across broadcast, digital and social media.
DMA Media provides expertise and services in launching television channels all over the world, and is looking for editorial and production staff to work on this multimedia channel, which will be based in a modern, purpose built newsroom in London. Specifically, we are looking for the following positions:
Job Title: Multimedia Journalists
Your role will be to create imaginative, accurate and engaging content for TV, on-line and social media output. You will be required to originate, research, write, produce and present material using text, stills, audio and video as required.
You will also be required, accurately and impartially, to cover stories and events and put them into an appropriate context to meet the needs of the audience.
Content for TV may include news stories, sequences, interviews, packages, discussions, background pieces, analysis and features.
For on-line and social media you will be required to write and use video, audio and stills to produce news articles, features, engaging posts and interactive material.
You’ll also be responsible for moving a story on by amending and updating material as required. In order to do this, you’ll research, report, write, translate and adapt existing stories or programme material from English into Farsi.
From time to time, you will also be required to report in text, stills, audio or video from the field in a range of formats for all Iran International Television platforms.
You should have most of the following:
- Recent and relevant journalistic or content creation experience.
- The ability to produce original material and preferably, the ability to adapt stories for multimedia output.
- The ability to exercise editorial judgment and display an understanding of the law as it relates to journalism.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure, either alone or in a team.
For all positions you will require:
- Farsi as your first (or equivalent) language, a full comprehension of English and the ability to write, translate and adapt material accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Comprehensive and expert knowledge of Iran’s history, politics, social issues and culture; in-depth understanding of international current affairs.
- Knowledge and understanding of fast developing trends in media, and the particular needs of the audiences in Iran.
- Excellent contacts within Iran and the Iranian diaspora across politics, culture, social issues, business and sport.
- The ability to report from the field as required.
- Suitable voice and presentation skills are desirable.
You may also be required to anchor or present TV content.
Foreign travel may be necessary.
While appropriate on-the-job training will be provided, candidates with prior experience of multi-media and television production will be at a distinct advantage, as will those with a journalism qualification.