Part Time Video Editor/Producer
6 days left
- Job Type
- Part Time
PartTime Video Editor/Producer
Job Type - Part time
WHAT'S THE GIG?
PART TIME VIDEO PRODUCER/EDITOR (SAT,SUN,MON)
MTV is looking for a dynamic, self-shooting producer/editor with a love of daily news and showbiz. MTV is expanding its presence in the arena and is looking for a highly organised and adaptable video producer to create a daily digital content around viral content and MTV shows.
The role would suit an experienced Assistant Producer/Preditor, particularly those with a background in entertainment news writing.
The role will be responsible for creating engaging and relevant daily news videos, managing video on the site - ingesting video from our archive, gaining rights and clearances for video, researching available video to order and adding new videos to our players.
You will work closely with the News Producer, Lead Video Producer, Managing Editor and Editorial Leads to ensure that the MTV content strategy is implemented on the site and across all 3rd party multi-platforms including Facebook/Snapchat/ Twitter/Instagram etc.
The successful candidate would work within a wider production team but would be comfortable working solo.
You have an affinity for MTV shows and site as well as a love of all things viral and trending across the web.
YOU'LL NEED TO OWN
- Implementing the video aspects of the content strategy
- Adding high quality video to the site daily
- Managing the ingest of video
- Editorial decision making on trending news topics
- Writing copy/articles around pop culture content
- Adobe Creative Cloud including Premiere and AE
- Communicating with international teams to source video
- Adding video from external sources including outside broadcasts
- Managing external video productions and editing into suitable packages
MUST HAVE THESE NINJA SKILLS
- A self-motivated all-rounder; confident shooting for broadcast, directing talent, researching and writing scripts.
- Excellent time management - able to stay calm under pressure whilst working quickly and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Creative thinker – enjoys generating innovative ideas and solutions, devising new and exciting ways to engage audiences.
- Detail oriented – spots mistakes and takes pride in their work
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Resilient with a positive outlook and can do attitude
- Equally comfortable producing for broadcast or digital, with a strong understanding of engaging online content.
- Love of movies, youth and pop culture a must.
- Role will be London-based but may require international travel for extended periods