Video/IT Technician – Post-production (Contract)
Brown Bag Films are looking to recruit a video/IT technician to join our Post-production team. The successful applicant will have at least 3 years’ experience in a Post-production environment. The candidate will have a thorough understanding of their role in the overall post production workflow.
The candidate will need to be self-reliant and organised. They will be able to multi-task and communicate clearly and precisely with Post Managers and Post Supervisors. This role will require the candidate to work outside normal business hours when necessary to meet business requirements.
Experience in animation would be an advantage.
- Oversee the daily operations of Post-production infrastructure across multiple rooms - Premiere Pro edit platform, Autodesk Flame online platform, Final Cut Pro, Telestream encoding applications, ProTools audio desks, storage systems and servers.
- Assist IT in managing project archives to LTO/Azure.
- Configuring, installation and maintenance of Mac end user workstations and hardware (monitors, tablets, KVM, etc.).
- Assist IT team in managing admin PC user workstations in a hybrid Mac/Win network.
- Maintain network infrastructure within Post-production facility.
- Assist R&D in rollout of new pipeline tools affecting Post-production workflows.
- Work with QC Supervisors in creating and maintaining file encoding/delivery workflows (ProRes, DNxHD, AS-11, H264, and DVD).
- Review client/broadcast handbooks and create custom delivery media file formats when necessary.
- Assist Post supervisors in creating client project deliverables (media files and paperwork)
- Liaise with new broadcast clients to setup video/audio deliveries.
- Assist Post Supervisors in allocation of resources to projects (people/hardware).
- Collaborate on system replacements, upgrades and implementation of new technologies.
- Liaison with hardware & software vendors (replacement parts, issue escalation).
- Investigating issues, finding fixes and documentation of the processes involved.
- Updating internal workflows/pipeline documentation.
- Hardware inventory, asset tracking and monitoring.
- Strong awareness of security industry best practices.
- Reports to Post-production technical manager.
Desirable skills and experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a technical QC/IT role within a post-production facility.
- Proven experience in broadcast video delivery workflows and processes.
- Proven experience working with encoding applications and automated QC tools.
- Familiar with creating workflows integrating encoding and automated QC applications.
- Experience in managing projects on shared media storage and cloud storage.
- Experience in Mac hardware support - workstations, peripherals, configuration, replacing components, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Experience in supporting a wide variety of Windows-based software applications and IT networks.
- Familiar with Adobe Premiere Pro and have the ability to troubleshoot software issues.
- Experience working with Autodesk Flame and Flame Assist desirable.
- Working in an ISO 27001 environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, collaborative with a strong focus on teamwork.
- Able to work independently, prioritise tasks and manage own time.
For further information please contact email@example.com
To apply please click on 'apply now' below.