Lead Broadcast Editor
Do you want to work with a talented team of producers and designers, editing creative work that is seen on BBC branded channels around the world?
Have you got the technical knowledge to run our edit facility? Have you got what it takes to motivate and lead a team of broadcast editors?
Who are we? We’re the UK’s number one international broadcaster: BBC Worldwide Channels and we are looking for a talented Lead Broadcast Editor to join the our creative team. Please note that this vacancy is a 12 month fixed term contract based in our Media Centre, West London
BBC Worldwide is the wholly owned commercial subsidiary of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The company exists to maximise the value of the BBC’s assets for the benefit of the licence fee payer and invest in public service programming in return for rights. BBC Worldwide operates across seven geographic regions: North America, UK, Australasia, Western Europe, Asia, Latin America, CEEMEA (Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa).
Reporting to the Head of Production the Lead Broadcast Editor will be responsible for the management of BBC Worldwide Channels Creative internal edit facilities and the editor team. You'll be responsible for liaising with Operations, Playout, internal and external post production facilities in order to manage Worldwide Channels Creative team post production workflow. You'll also provide quality in-house online editing skills to the Creative team. The Creative team is responsible for the development and implementation of regional on-air strategy, channel branding and off air materials for Worldwide Channels.
Your primary accountabilities also include:
• Devising and implementing technical post production workflows and documentation for Channels Creative internal facilities, and for our external suppliers.
• Providing expertise with regard to style guides to the creative team
• Assisting the production and creative teams in project planning and execution from a technical perspective
• Being the sole point of contact and guide for editors, producers and assistant promo producers with regard to internal workflows, systems and deliverable specifications
• Working with the Senior Designer to ensure brand style guides are up to date and devises fully functioning kit of parts ready for use by Creative teams in all territories
• Day to day management of BBC Worldwide Channels Creative internal edit facilities
• Ensuring all material is technically compliant and delivered as per BBC WW transmission specification
To be successful in this role you'll have a proven track record of creative excellence as a Lead or Senior Editor within the broadcast TV promotion industry. You'll also have experience of managing a post production facility, technical and creative workflows and equipment, ideally from start-up stage. You'll demonstrate acute awareness of post production equipment and procedures, including broadcast technical specifications. An in-depth knowledge of Final Cut Studio as well as a strong technical mind is required. People management experience including the ability to assess, motivate and coach editors is essential.
You'll also demonstrate:
• Experience of managing an edit facility along with experience of managing and developing an edit team
• Experience of using Final Cut Studio to a broadcast standard
• Knowledge of broadcast standard equipment and knowledge of the tape, audio and data formats regularly used in the production environment
• Ability to grade in Colour and, ideally Sapphire
• Ability to use proficiently a range of software packages including Microsoft Office, Media Hub and the aptitude to learn new software packages where required
• Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of internal and external contacts
• Keen interest in commercial and library music, and experience of advising on the selection of music for promos
• An interest in and enthusiasm for the work of BBC Worldwide Channels
To apply, please click on the Apply button to be redirected to the BBC website.
Closing date: Midnight, 6 January 2013.