Head of Production (Maternity Cover) Plum Pictures
Plum is one of the UK’s fastest growing and critically acclaimed independent production companies. Since launching in 2007, Plum has become known for producing innovative stand out hits for all the major networks. From returning series and formats including Amazing Spaces, Shed of the Year, Rookies, Toys, James May’s Man Lab to access driven docs such as Billionaires Paradise, Inside Necker Island, Kid Criminals and The Mafia with Trevor McDonald. Our shows are broadcast on BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Sky, and are sold to over 140 countries. Plum is based on strong editorial content working hand in hand with experienced production management. Our ethos is based on working with the teams in a collaborative relationship.
Based at our offices in Oval Road, Camden, and reporting into the joint MD’s at Plum, the role of Head of Production is responsible for overseeing all productions from inception to close down and on in to International distribution. Specific responsibilities include:
- Planning and managing production budgets and schedules, which include responsibility for the strategic allocation of funding and the delivery of efficiencies through new and innovative ways of working.
- Hands on support and resource for production managers and production teams.
- Liaising with finance managers at all the major broadcasters.
- Staffing of all senior editorial roles on production alongside the MD’s
- Working alongside PLUMs business and legal managers and commercial director.
- Flexible and creative thinking to support editorial from development in to production
- Overseeing production issues in PLUM development.
- Liaising with International distributor to ensure all deliverables are received.
- Person Specification
- Extensive budgeting and scheduling skills
- Experienced in negotiating and liaising with finance and legal teams at all the major broadcasters
- Ability to be on hand to support productions taking place worldwide – which may need support outside of office hours.
- Experience in and be confident in managing busy teams,
- Confident in juggling multiple projects.
- Working directly and alongside senior management teams
- Supporting the MD’s in the day to day running of Plum
- Flexible and creative at all levels of production.
- To apply, please forward your details to: Betty Thompson at email@example.com