Head Of Marketing (12 month fixed term contract)
Marketing and Communications is pivotal in shaping Nickelodeon Networks success, developing and driving strategy and implementation to achieve brand, ratings, retail and commercial objectives.
The Head of Marketing leads the marketing team as the ultimate champion of our brand and audience, a kid-expert who is committed to consistently understanding our audiences; their relationships, aspirations concerns, interests and media habits.
This role is strategically critical and a facilitator of all channel relationships, an essential conduit connecting all internal departments and key external stakeholders such as affiliates and commercial partners.
This is an exciting and challenging role full of opportunity that requires leadership, collaboration, creativity, self-motivation, project management and attention-to-detail.
- Plan and set marketing strategy for Nickelodeon UK in line with business objectives and KPI’s
- Drive strategy and property planning across all brands and all platforms
- Work with Research to develop insights and market trends
- Manage the marketing team’s workload and career development
- Oversee creative output for the brand on all social media channels and platforms
- Develop and own the relationship with external stakeholders such as agencies and affiliate partners, Sky Media etc.
- Develop and manage annual budgets
- Write and report on marketing activity for GM ahead of quarterly board meetings
- Act as a strategic advisor to the VP, Director of Marketing and Communications
- Work closely with Communications Director to develop integrated communications
- Act as the UK marketing representative on both the Global Marketing Council and the Viacom Marketing Council
- Develop and continue strong relationships with International counterparts and stakeholders
Key performance areas:
- To develop annual plans and budgets in response to; channel measures: audience, brand & ratings, third party and recreation opportunities; industry and consumer knowledge and insights.
- Develop campaign requirements and oversee execution and post analysis, ensuring all campaigns are cross-department; manage stakeholders and communicate activity and results in a timely manner.
- Lead on Viacom third party relationships; develop and manage partner relationships
- Create, manage and lead taskforce teams in the development and delivery of campaigns and projects; providing reports detailing activity and deliverables
- Manage the marketing team, coaching and mentoring with development areas and career goals.
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience in a marketing role, ideally in TV, media or entertainment sectors
- Deep knowledge and understanding of media planning and buying process
- Experience managing a media agency across multiple campaigns and sizeable budgets
- Experience working with research data and distilling salient points to support initiatives and objectives.
- Solid budget management experience
- Strong team management experience, with the ability to coach and mentor more junior members of the team
- Influence strategy and goals and translate these into business objectives and action plans
- Ability to influence strategy and goals and translate these in to business objectives and action plans
- Ability to communicate ideas and strategies to senior executives, internal stakeholders as well as team members
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms and comfort with social media best practices and analytics.
- Experience owning and leading brand & property planning process
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to challenge the status-quo and refine innovative solutions to highly complex problems
- Develop and share approaches and best practises with team
- Proven track record in problem solving, decisive decision making, flexible to change and adept at communicating
- Extremely efficient with an eye for detail as well as the ability to think big
- Commercial and partnership marketing experience desirable