Development, Elephant House Studios
Head of Development
Fixed term, 12 months
Are you bursting with ideas, creativity and a passion for television? Do you want to work for one of the best TV companies in Britain?
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join the Channel 5 in-house production arm, Elephant House Studios, to help us achieve our very ambitious goals. As Development Intern, you will provide assistance in the start of production and ideas development. You will support the Elephant House Studios development team in all aspects of the development process, including research, preparing for pitches and ideas generation.
- To generate and contribute new ideas for Channel 5, MTV and Comedy Central
- To assist with research, including contacting potential contributors by phone and via email
- To write up and maintain research notes, briefs and contact lists
- To assist with pitch preparation, including written materials and taster tapes
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- An ability to come up with a high volume of programme ideas
- Strong interpersonal skills, and able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Excellent writing skills
- First class attention to detail
- The ability to multi task and work across a range of projects
Now part of Viacom’s global portfolio, Channel 5 launched as Britain's fifth public service broadcaster in March 1997 and reaches 4 in 5 of the UK viewing public each month with a broad mix of popular content; including quality factual programmes, entertainment, reality, sport, 5 News, acquired and original drama and pre-school children’s programming through its award winning Milkshake! strand. Sister channels 5* and 5USA complement Channel 5 with a mix of must-see entertainment and US drama, while My5 is a free Video on Demand service with the latest programmes from Channel 5, 5USA, 5*, Spike and Milkshake!. My5Online is available on Channel5.com, set top boxes, Smart TVs, games consoles and mobile devices.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.