Location: Central London, moving to West London later in 2017.
DMA Media is recruiting for a Farsi-language channel – Iran International News.
Iran International News channel is targeted at people living in Iran and those in the Farsi speaking diaspora.
It will be a news and factual channel with news bulletins, talk shows, documentaries, features and magazine content across broadcast, digital and social media.
DMA Media provides expertise and services in launching television channels all over the world, and is looking for editorial and production staff to work on this multimedia channel, which will be based in a modern, purpose built newsroom in London. Specifically, we are looking for the following positions:
Job Title: Senior Editors
You will provide editorial and managerial leadership for all multimedia output of the channel by overseeing and directing the work of the news team, driving the news, agenda, supplying and being responsible for TV, digital and social media content. We expect you to come up with creative and innovative ways of storytelling for TV, online and social media and be able to inspire your team to produce unique, high-quality content. Impartiality is important as is ensuring material and content – however complex – is accurately and sensitively portrayed. You must ensure content complies with necessary regulations as well as editorial policy and journalistic standards are maintained. You will manage the news team and programme budgets, prioritizing use of technical resources as needed.
You should have most of the following:
- A successful track record of working in a multimedia editorial leadership role and a proven ability to define and shape the output of a channel or platform.
- A background of working across multiple platforms and an understanding of organizing and managing newsrooms and news gathering teams.
- Experience in making sound judgements on editorial and political issues and thorough knowledge of how to produce effective output for TV, digital and social media platforms.
- Experience of managing staff and resources and a detailed knowledge of budget and financial planning.
For all positions you will require:
- Farsi as your first (or equivalent) language, a full comprehension of English and the ability to write, translate and adapt material accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Comprehensive and expert knowledge of Iran’s history, politics, social issues and culture; in-depth understanding of international current affairs.
- Knowledge and understanding of fast developing trends in media, and the particular needs of the audiences in Iran.
- Excellent contacts within Iran and the Iranian diaspora across politics, culture, social issues, business and sport.
- The ability to report from the field as required.
- Suitable voice and presentation skills are desirable.
You may also be required to anchor or present TV content.
Foreign travel may be necessary.
While appropriate on-the-job training will be provided, candidates with prior experience of multi-media and television production will be at a distinct advantage, as will those with a journalism qualification.
More jobs like this
- Multi Platform Broadcasting Administration & Finance jobs in London (Central)
- Multi Platform Broadcasting Financial Management jobs in London (Central)
- Multi Platform Broadcasting Journalism jobs in London (Central)
- Multi Platform Broadcasting Editor jobs in London (Central)
- Multi Platform Broadcasting Multi Platform Broadcasting jobs in London (Central)