Senior Multimedia Journalists
Location: Central London, moving to West London later in 2017.
DMA Media is recruiting for a Farsi-language channel – Iran International News.
Iran International News channel is targeted at people living in Iran and those in the Farsi speaking diaspora.
It will be a news and factual channel with news bulletins, talk shows, documentaries, features and magazine content across broadcast, digital and social media.
DMA Media provides expertise and services in launching television channels all over the world, and is looking for editorial and production staff to work on this multimedia channel, which will be based in a modern, purpose built newsroom in London. Specifically, we are looking for the following positions:
You will report to one of the editors in IIN and be responsible for supervising and directing small teams of multimedia journalists in shaping day-to-day content.
You must be able to originate ideas, develop running stories, commission and select relevant material for online and TV broadcasting, presenting complex material in a comprehensive form. We expect you to find creative and innovative ways of storytelling for TV, online and social media. You will be required, accurately and impartially, to cover stories and events using text, video, audio and stills and put them into an appropriate context to meet the needs of the audience. You may also be producing in the field and outputting TV news and programmes.
You will also be responsible for leading junior staff as well as editing their work as required and providing editorial feedback and assistance.
You should have most of the following:
- Proven editorial judgement, and a strong track record of originating ideas and material for TV and digital platforms.
- Experience of supervising and editing the work of others.
- Recent and relevant journalistic or content creation experience.
- The ability to produce original material and preferably the ability to adapt stories for multimedia output.
- Comfortable working in text, video, audio and stills to create multi-platform content.
- The ability to exercise editorial judgement and display an understanding of the law as it relates to journalism.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure, either alone or in a team.
For all positions you will require:
- Farsi as your first (or equivalent) language, a full comprehension of English and the ability to write, translate and adapt material accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Comprehensive and expert knowledge of Iran’s history, politics, social issues and culture; in-depth understanding of international current affairs.
- Knowledge and understanding of fast developing trends in media, and the particular needs of the audiences in Iran.
- Excellent contacts within Iran and the Iranian diaspora across politics, culture, social issues, business and sport.
- The ability to report from the field as required.
- Suitable voice and presentation skills are desirable.
You may also be required to anchor or present TV content.
Foreign travel may be necessary.
While appropriate on-the-job training will be provided, candidates with prior experience of multi-media and television production will be at a distinct advantage, as will those with a journalism qualification.