Who We Are:
Comedy Central UK, a joint venture between Viacom and BSkyB, is the UK’s biggest comedy network, available on platforms including Sky and Virgin Media in over 12.4 million homes.
Aimed at 16-34 year olds we show the very best new and classic comedy content from the UK and US including South Park, Broad City, Inside Amy Schumer, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Live at the Apollo, Lip Sync Battle, The Middle, Impractical Jokers and Friends. Our original UK commissions include Drunk History, Russell Howard & Mum: USA Road Trip, The Chris Ramsey Show and Your Face or Mine with Jimmy Carr and Katherine Ryan. We also show more stand-up than any other channel in the UK.
The Creative Services team is responsible for all Comedy Central promotions on air, online and in print, as well as the creation of sales / marketing and internal presentation reels. We consistently produce outstanding creative work, winning numerous high-profile awards in the UK and globally.
You will be responsible for writing, directing and editing on-air promos as well as internal presentation reels and other marketing content.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Developing and creating fresh and unexpected ideas for promo campaigns.
- Working to marketing briefs and ensuring campaigns are always effective for our target audience (16-34 year olds).
- Writing, directing and editing promo campaigns that are consistent with OFCOM guidelines.
- Briefing and working with the design team to produce graphic elements of campaigns and channel branding.
- Liaising with other departments such as Marketing, Digital, Compliance, Programming, Media Planning and Scheduling to maximise the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Ensuring the accuracy of information in all communications.
Your Background and Experience:
- You have a genuine passion for comedy and a great sense of humour.
- You can demonstrate clear strategic and creative thinking in response to any brief.
- Experience of on air promotions work in the UK, with a very strong showreel / portfolio of creative work that shows off your funny.
- Excellent copy / script writing skills.
- Excellent editing skills using Adobe Premiere or similar and knack for comic timing in edits.
- Knowledge of and interest in Comedy Central, our shows and our brand positioning.
- Great command of English language.