File Workflow Engineer
To ensure that all File workflow and Production Technology technical areas and services are maintained to the highest technical standards, and complete specific routine tasks and procedures as detailed by the Systems Engineering team and Engineering Management.
- To provide engineering support (Office Hours) for File Workflow technologies and services within and delivery in and out of the London Media Centre.
- To assist other members of the engineering team with technical issues when required
- Liaise directly with clients and offer support for all File Workflow technology queries and issues
- To ensure that faults are logged, resolved or escalated, using VIMN fault-tracking software
- Ability to fault find workflow issues and follow content chain from source to destination
- Support file workflow software and hardware and understand configuration of systems
- Understand operational requirements of VIMN & external clients
- Adhere to relevant policies and procedures
- Accept and use documentation provided by Systems Engineering team to take appropriate action
- Ensure completion of all administration and documentation pertaining to work carried out.
- Ability to use technical drawings and configuration documentation
- Escalate to Systems Engineering team when normal procedures have been exhausted
- Feedback to Systems Engineering team regarding missing procedures
- Assist with configuration of Encoding Parameters for partner delivery
- Assistance with configuration Signiant workflows for processing and delivery
- Troubleshoot any format / encoding issues
- Arrange test file delivery between VIMN & the client
- QC video for any glitches or corruptions
Role Specific Skills/Attributes
- Experience with Signiant, Signiant workflows and / or Final Cut Server
- IT Communications spanning LAN’s, WAN’s, Protocols, Bridges, Routers and all forms of inter-connectivity
- Knowledge of electronics
- PC & Mac architecture, operating systems, desktop integration and configuration
- Ability to work under pressure
- Adaptation to rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work to procedures & on own initiative
- Flexible attitude to working practices and current technology.
- Clear understanding of business impacted by File Workflow infrastructure.
- Willingness to learn specific support profiles, with an emphasis on File workflow technologies
- Understanding of file codecs and transcoding technologies
Passion & Optimism
Teamwork & Transparency
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.