JOB TITLE: STRATEGY MANAGER
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
The Strategy Manager will play a crucial role in the UK Cluster strategy team, working closely with Senior Management. The London-based team leads strategy development and execution across the UK, Nordics, Russia, Central and Eastern Europe and Israel, and is part of the global strategy community (headquartered in New York).
The Strategy Manager will work across all Viacom International Media Network (VIMN) brands – including MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon and Channel 5. The successful candidate will have a detailed knowledge of the media and entertainment industry and insight in to the key trends.
Reflecting the remit of the Strategy team, this role will also support cluster content distribution strategy. Including linear and non-linear deals.
The Strategy Manager will solve complex corporate and commercial issues by employing structured thinking and rigorous analysis. The Strategy Manager will be expected to bring creativity to problem-solving and will be able to influence stakeholders through clear communication.
Day to day reporting to VP Strategy within the Strategy team.
- Support Strategy / Content Distribution for UK Cluster and International
- Simplify complex problems, drawing on strategic logic
- Understand and articulate the impact of market and competitors trends
- Support development of content distribution guidelines and policy, including product & pricing
- Execute rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis, including financials
- Influence senior stakeholders, using written and verbal communications skills
- Effectively work with other members of the Strategy team on different assignments as fit
- Be a team-player; work with people in different territories, brands and functions
Support commercial negotiations, including deal analysis and modelling
Identify and assess potential M&A targets. Support M&A activity as required, including valuations
Ad hoc Support for the Senior Management Team
Lead the execution of high value multi-disciplinary projects in collaboration with other departments
- Strong academic record
- Strategy experience gained in consulting, in-house strategy team or similar
- Demonstrated passion for media and entertainment industry
Knowledge / Skills / Experience:
- Deep analytical insight and problem solving skill-set
- Ability to communicate complex concepts
- Understanding of business development and negotiation
- Commercial modelling and valuations experience
- Knowledge of media market, especially broadcasting and entertainment industries
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ambitious and committed
- Must have a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Flexible / adaptable: prepared to ‘muck-in’ when necessary
- The ability to work individually or within a team environment
- Treats all people with respect and fairness
- Ability to multi-task
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.