Director of Programmes
Channel 4 is a publicly-owned, commercially-funded, public service broadcaster. Its public ownership and not-for-profit status ensure all revenue generated by its commercial activity is directly reinvested back into the delivery of its public service remit. Channel 4 has a world class, dynamic, award winning creative team whose innovative cross-genre approach has delivered both record delivery of its public service remit and record levels of revenue.
Channel 4 is looking for someone to lead and empower a creative commissioning team to deliver its unique remit.
The remit serves, among other things, to stand up for diversity and champion unheard voices by investing in innovative content from UK production companies, whilst ensuring Channel 4 remains commercially self-sufficient. In order to do this, the organisation continually seeks to attract and retain inspiring talent from the UK’s vibrant television and film sector. Channel 4 invests over £600 million annually in distinctive, risk taking and contemporary content across all genres ranging from news and current affairs to drama, comedy and entertainment and which has to deliver both its public service remit and value for advertisers in an ever more competitive landscape.
Channel 4 is looking for candidates who:
- Will set the long term strategy for Channel 4 output and participate fully in the broad Channel 4 agenda
- Can develop and manage relationships at the highest levels, both internally and externally, with a focus on building on Channel 4’s reputation as the broadcaster where talent comes to get their best ideas on screen
- Will commission distinctive and ground-breaking programming and welcome producers, partners and programme makers into the organisation
- Can lead a talented commissioning team and a culture where people constructively work together on turning good ideas into brilliant shows that people want to watch
- Can build on the Channel’s strengths in digital media
- Ideally have knowledge of the global content market
For details on how to apply, please click the 'Apply' button.
The closing date for applications is Friday August 25th.
Channel 4 Television Corporation is committed to diversity and to providing equal opportunities for all. Applications are therefore encouraged irrespective of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.