London, Camden Town
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our International Social Responsibility Team. The team are responsible for originating and producing international content and campaigns that matter to the Viacom audience. We work especially closely with MTV around the world, producing life and issues content, campaigns and events that engage our audience. ISR is also the home for the MTV Staying Alive Foundation, which helps young people around the world fight HIV the smart way, and encourages safe and honest conversations about sex.
Working as part of the International Social Responsibility (ISR) team you will be responsible for the production of on-brand content and campaigns, focusing on pro-social issues with a pop-culture twist. As Creative Producer you’ll source and pitch original content idea, and write content in a short turnaround time whilst ensuring a high editorial standard through editing and subbing. It’s essential to be up to date with trends and up and coming content. You’ll work closely with the wider international teams on strategies to boost organic growth via search, social and video.
Additional responsibilities include;
- Manage own content budget and one member of staff.
- Oversee editorial calendars and lead ISR team through daily and long-term content projects and features
- Support MTV Staying Alive Foundation with relevant content around healthy, happy sex lives
- Monitor KPIs and report into wider teams
- Provide feedback and development support as well as foster collaboration and team culture
- Provide guidance to collaborators/freelancers
- Come up with editorial and programming strategies to boost overall ISR editorial and video views – this could be across any Viacom brand
- Provide coverage of pro-social events, and topical pop-culture events with a pro-social twist
To be successful you need to be a dynamic creator, who has production experience across all forms of On Air, digital and social output. You must be passionate about pro-social content and ambitious with plans for it within Viacom International Media Networks.
- Solid proven editorial experience in digital media
- A genuine passion for pro-social content and pop-culture
- An understanding of how to produce quality content that is valued and read by our audience
- Excellent Adobe Premiere and Photoshop skills, and a love of good film and design
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in development, production and post- production techniques
- Possess well-rounded On Air and Digital background and skills ranging from creative to technical
- Familiar with running a major site and strong track record of creating engaging content that resonates with audience similar to MTV’s
- Experience developing successful digital editorial strategies for entertainment and/or pro-social based content
- Excellent at building relationships, and nurturing contacts
- Experience of creating short form video content ideas and scripts
- Substantial SEO and social media know-how including Twitter/Facebook/Instagram and SnapChat
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Degree in Media, Journalism (or equivalent) strongly preferred
You can find out more about what we do here… http://www.mtvstayingalive.org/
If this sounds like the role for you, click below to apply!