Finance Manager – MTV Staying Alive Foundation
London, Camden Town
Part Time (3 days a week)
FTC – 12 months
The MTV Staying Alive Foundation is an international content-producing and grant-giving organization dedicated to stopping the spread of HIV among young people. The Foundation creates and distributes challenging and entertaining HIV prevention content across MTV channels and with third-party broadcasters, while finding and funding young leaders who are tackling the HIV epidemic in their own communities.
To date, MTV Staying Alive Foundation programming has reached 100% of the top 50 countries affected by HIV, and has supported 208 organisations in 70 countries since 2005, distributing over $6 million. MTV Staying Alive Foundation is registered as a UK charity and as a 501c3 charitable organization in the US.
We’re looking for a part-time Finance Manager (3 days/week) to manage the day to day accounting and financial management of the charity. You will also be responsible for budgeting, and reporting on the financial performance to management.
Additional responsibilities include;
- Statutory financial reporting for audit, in line with SORP regulations
- Prepare quarterly management accounts, annual budget and forecasts
- Receive all purchase invoices and ensure they are appropriately authorised in accordance with the financial procedures
- Make payments of all authorised invoices by BACS
- Resolve all supplier enquiries
- Receive all receipts and ensure payments are appropriately allocated
- Monthly bank reconciliations, collect monies & deposit at the bank
- Create appropriate book keeping entries, create accruals where necessary
- Provide sound financial advice to Senior Management and Trustees
- Ensure that the appropriate vision and processes are in place to ensure the long-term financial viability of the charity, advise directors on the financial consequences of proposed actions.
- Ensure financial policies and procedures are up to date and appropriate risk management techniques and financial controls are embedded throughout the charity at strategic and operational levels.
- Producing and presenting financial reports, including cash flow forecasting, VAT, tax and Gift Aid issues
- Prepare analysis of financial information for monitoring reports when required
- Providing an external interface with banks and auditors
- Completion & submission of Annual Returns for Charity Commission and Companies House. Prepare & submit Gift Aid claims
- Assist with the financial aspects of major project proposals and contract negotiations
- Provide and/or co-ordinate all accounting and taxation services and advice to the charity
- You will need to be a Qualified Accountant with strong finance management experience
- Fully conversant with accounting procedures legislation and an understanding of charity SORP gained whilst working within a Charity
- Strong knowledge of SORP, charity law and VAT
- Track record of working with tight budgets
- Knowledge of financial legislation in respect of Charities
- IT literate with an emphasis on financial systems, spreadsheets, SAGE and Excel
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Exemplary verbal and written communication abilities
- Good interpersonal skills
Find out more about the Staying Alive Foundation here.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.