WHAT'S THE GIG?
INTERNATIONAL DIGITAL FEATURES
Viacom International Media Networks are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable Junior Designer to work cross brand on MTV & Comedy Central’s multiple platforms.
The Junior Designer role is a key to bringing editorial to life through the creation and implementation of engaging graphics on social, web, on air and other digital platforms.
You would work closely with the editorial, social media, video and tech teams to develop first class visual content and UX design on the MTV Networks and Comedy Central websites and mobile platforms.
If you live and breathe design, know everything about pop culture, are a do-er and have a great sense of humor– we’d love to hear from you!
· Create daily visual content for site and social platforms such as Instagram, Instagram Stories, Snapchat Discover, Facebook and YouTube.
· Support the rest of the Creative team with any larger digital, editorial, social, motion, branded or commercial design briefs.
· Ensure work consistently answers the brief in terms of look and feel, accuracy, functionality and brand identity.
· Contribute to weekly brainstorm meetings. We are really looking for somebody who is bursting with innovative ideas.
MUST HAVE THESE NINJA SKILLS
· An outstanding portfolio either online or PDF. We cannot consider applicants without this
· Passion for all forms of visual communication
· Proven experience working in a digital design environment as an intern or junior designer. Editorial, lifestyle or media background preferred but not essential.
· Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Suite
· Thorough understanding of social / digital landscapes and attuned to trends and youth culture.
· Ability to receive creative direction but also think outside the box when approaching briefs from concept to completion.
· Strong communication skills are essential, as this position requires working closely with writers, producers, editors and rest of the creative team.
· An affinity and familiarity with MTV & CC, their brand values and aesthetics
· Motion or UX design experience beneficial
· Knowledge or willingness to learn or improve on both HTML & CSS and motion (After Effects & Cinema 4D. We provide training!)