Research Analyst, MTV & CC (6 month Fixed Term Contract)
Youth & Entertainment (MTV/Comedy Central) Consumer Insights and Analytics. UKNEE Cluster
Senior Manager, Youth & Entertainment Consumer Insights and Analytics
Data driven decision making is at the heart of MTV/Comedy Central’s creative and commercial success. You will help supply the Youth & Entertainment business (Comedy Central, Comedy Central Extra, BET, MTV entertainment and portfolio of music channels) with performance analysis across its TV, digital and social media platforms.
You will also help the Youth & Entertainment business understand its target audience by acting as the ‘voice of the consumer’ and being our trends expert for our target audience (16 to 34s).
This varied role acts to support key business decisions in all departments (e.g. Programming, Finance, Marketing, Digital and Strategy), to maximize audience delivery and subsequently commercial revenues.
- Support the Consumer Insights and Analytics team across the UKNEE cluster (UK, Nordics & Eastern Europe) - ensuring research and analysis is in tune with wider business needs. While the role provides support for the UKNEE cluster, UK analysis represents the bulk of this role.
- Create and distribute regular Youth & Entertainment performance reports – spanning TV, digital and social media platforms.
- Contextualize and present regular performance reports at weekly TV editorial/digital team meetings.
- Provide teams (Programming, Finance, Marketing, Digital and Strategy) with regular ad-hoc TV/Digital/Social media performance analysis.
- Become an expert on the media landscape for our youth demographic (16 to 34s) and be proactive in delivering insight to the Youth & Entertainment business beyond regular reporting/Ad-Hoc requests.
- To aid the MTV business in forecasting TV, digital and VOD performance where necessary.
- Support in writing, analyzing and debriefing regular surveys for the Youth & Entertainment business.
- To assist in running any internal focus groups for the Youth & Entertainment business.
- To assist in managing all relevant research information sources and databases.
- To develop close and knowledgeable relationships with relevant departments (e.g. Programming, Marketing, Digital and Strategy) inside the UKNEE cluster.
- To act as a trends expert on our youth audience for the MTV business.
- To keep well-informed of market trends and research developments, together with new sources of information, that impact the Youth & Entertainment business.
- Participating in relevant presentations and meetings, hosting and presenting where required.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE – ESSENTIAL
- A strong interest in TV/digital entertainment platforms – from a consumer and business perspective, with relevant qualifications (e.g. degree) in Media, Social Science or Business.
- A strong interest in the Comedy Central/MTV brand and its TV properties.
- Highly competent at analyzing large datasets – with the ability to look beyond the numbers and transform data into actionable insight.
- Numerate with a strong attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills – both written and presenting to groups.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE – PREFERRED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- Experience in a similar role with a Broadcaster, Agency or other Media Owner.
- Knowledge of relevant TV/Digital measurement systems (e.g. BARB, Techedge, Omniture, Comscore).
- Knowledge of social media listening tools (e.g. Facebook/Twitter Analytics & Sysomos).
- Strong understanding of the broadcast/digital industry.
- Experience in survey design & running focus groups.
- Confident and enthusiastic.
- Pro-active and goes the extra mile.
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive and keen to learn; able to ask perceptive questions.
- Calm under pressure and flexible to emerging challenges and changing priorities.
- Passionate about using data to inform decisions. Highly numerate with strong attention to detail.
- To work with autonomy, and taking responsibility for your own workload.