HotCam are a dynamic and progressive professional broadcast camera, audio, lighting equipment hire, crewing and production services company located in West London. We are looking to recruit a Technical Manager who has a passion for the industry. You will be required to have at least 3 years TV broadcast technical broadcast experience and skills to support the implementation of simultaneous projects and the mobilisation of equipment and crews for location and studio multi-camera productions; both domestic and international.
You will support the company in implementing and maintaining the highest standards in the delivery of support to HotCam’s clients, employees, suppliers and contractors. Engineering experience or qualifications would be advantageous for this position.
Key requirements for the role include:
- Excellent project time management skills when working in the office or on location.
- Consistent and reliable, acting as an excellent company ambassador and leading by example
- Demonstrate excellent time keeping skills at all times, particularly when dealing with clients
- Strong computer literacy is imperative
- Excellent phone manner, verbal, written and diplomacy skills when dealing with clients, employees, crew and suppliers
- Comprehensive, practical understanding of all aspects of technical processes and equipment in studio and location environments
- Up-to-date knowledge of broadcast technical equipment and ability to keep abreast new innovations and industry trends
- Outstanding leadership and organisational skills
- If required, provide in-house and on location technical equipment familiarisation and training
- Oversee all aspects of maintenance, preparation, check-out and check-in of broadcast systems and equipment
- Create and maintain systems to organise data and information required for jobs
- When required assist with design and custom build systems and large broadcast projects Daily collaboration with Warehouse Supervisor and Technical team and Projects Department to address all priority jobs, including, but not limited to equipment prepping and returns
- Assist company to maintain and develop existing and new customers and clients
- Attend and assume responsibility for location recces.
- Collaborate with Production Managers to manage and coordinate all shoot travel and timing logistics with regards to equipment and crew that you are managing or overseeing on location and in the office
- When required, liaise with clients that have technical questions and communicate accordingly to in-house team
- If required attend industry conventions and tradeshows
- Troubleshoot technical issues internally and externally
- Instigate and respond to client, crew, suppliers and employees e-mails in an organised and timely fashion
- Assist warehouse supervisors with quality control and checks on incoming and outgoing equipment, highlighting anything which requires parts, repair or replacement.
- Assist with conducting annual technician’s appraisals
- Collaborate with Clients, Project manager and Production Managers to create kit lists for jobs and for quoting purposes
- Responsible for collaborating with the technical departments to implement protocols and systems for the swift and efficient fulfilment of clients requests
- Work closely with the technical team to manage all elements associated with broadcast systems and projects, including personnel, delegation of duties for bespoke prepping and build, delivery, installation, operation and de-rig.
- When required manage job delegation to technicians and assist with overseeing the rig and de-rig on behalf of HotCam when on location
- Adhere to production’s Health & Safety guidelines at all times
- If on location, oversee the smooth operations including rig and de-rig and ensure production and all departments are happy
- When required feed back any concerns or issues to relevant parties at HotCam
- Share any major concerns or troubleshooting issues with senior management
- After the shoot ensure the crew understand what is required of them for the de-rig and oversee load out
- Manage a check of all areas where filming took place to ensure no kit is left in situ
- Willing to work unsocial hours
- Willing to travel in the UK and abroad
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Full job description will be available at interview
If you believe you have these skills and would like to join our team please send us CV and covering letter.