Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
FTC- 9 months
The MTV Staying Alive Foundation is an international content-producing and grant-giving organization dedicated to stopping the spread of HIV among young people. The Foundation creates and distributes challenging and entertaining HIV prevention content across MTV channels and with third-party broadcasters, while finding and funding young leaders who are tackling the HIV epidemic in their own communities.
To date, MTV Staying Alive Foundation programming has reached 100% of the top 50 countries affected by HIV, and awarded $6m in grant to 207 youth-led organisations in 70 countries around the world.
Since 2009, SAF’s flagship behaviour change media campaign is MTV Shuga. The core of the campaign is a TV series and is complemented by online, social media, radio, and on the ground educational events aimed at young people aged 15 – 24. Currently the campaign is active in South Africa and Nigeria, in pre-production in Egypt and looking to expand to other countries in sub-Saharan Africa and South-East Asia.
The MTV Staying Alive Foundation is registered as a UK charity and as a 501c3 charitable organization in the US. It is also very closely affiliated with Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN).
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager who will work on managing elements of the MTV Shuga campaign that are currently in production and development while the Deputy Executive Director is on maternity leave, as well as take on certain other duties that would normally fall under the responsibility of the Deputy Executive Director. The contract would initially be for 9 months with a possibility to extend dependent on external funding.
Responsible for overseeing various MTV Shuga campaign elements, making sure all elements of the campaign are delivered in a timely manner and on budget. This includes:
- Manage the overall budget of the campaign
- Storylines and scripting: ensuring all messaging are address and are correct on all media
- Post-production: review each episode
- Review outlines and post of complementary content
- Reviewing external communications, including website content to ensure all messaging is factually correct
- Oversee peer education guide creation
- Liaise with various research partners, including formative research and evaluation partners
- Work with Trusts and Foundation Manager on writing proposals in relation to MTV Shuga
- Donor management: regular meetings/calls with donors
- Lead on writing donor reports.
- Liaise with other stakeholders such as NGOs and government departments in implementing countries
Additional Responsibilities include;
- Manage the Grants Manager and MTV Shuga Nigeria Project Manager
- Work closely with the Director of Content on all programming development, ensuring messaging is represented and factually correct
- Work closely with Marketing and Partnership managers on the ground in South Africa and Egypt, in particular in relation to the on the ground activities.
- Manage contracts with suppliers by working closely with the VIMN legal team and external lawyers
- Liaise with external evaluators.
- Experience of working at a charity or a grant-giving foundation or in a CSR role.
- Good understanding of finance management.
- Background in Behaviour Change Campaigns
- Strategy development skills and demonstrated reliability at project management and operational execution.
- Skilled, engaging communicator — both on paper and in person.
- Sound understanding of and interest in global health & international development preferred, particularly in Sexual and Reproductive Health.
- Understanding of Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to understand and be fully committed to the aims and objectives of the MTV Staying Alive Foundation.
- Working knowledge of French or Arabic is desirable but not essential