Broadcast Operations Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Support the Broadcast Operations Manager in ensuring that all necessary Operational functions are carried out efficiently; guaranteeing the safe and sound transmission of Channel 5’s programming.
Assist the Broadcast Operations Manager in communicating and ensuring technical standards are adhered to. Maintaining, developing and delivering of operational process documentation.
- Ensure all programming for the channel meets the editorial standards & broadcasting guidelines as outlined by Ofcom and The Digital Production Partnership (DPP)
- Interpret Channel 5’s Technical Standards for delivery and associated documentation and providing guidance and feedback to both internal and external suppliers
- Quality control and compliance editing of Channel 5 content using non-linear editing software packages including Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premier and Apple Final Cut
- Produce both manual and auto-QC reports (Vidcheck, Baton) to interpret, feedback and fix (where possible) audio/video errors
- Deliver and transcode Channel 5 content to transmission and other areas of the business using file delivery workflows
- Assist Senior Broadcast Operations Coordinator with managing and booking lines for live programming and play-ins
- Take ownership and manage the Broadcast Operation workflows.
- Maintain records of delivery, quality control and editing of Channel 5 content
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge and experience of Avid MC, Adobe Premier and Final Cut editing software packages
- Knowledge and experience using automated file delivery and transcode workflows
- A solid understanding of broadcasting, transmission and video formats, ideally awareness of the DPP
- Experience of working in a Technical or Operational department within the broadcast industry
- Sound IT skills with experience of using Microsoft office
- Experience of working in an Administrative role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work within a small team and to form strong working relationships
- Strong organisational skills – with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Highly flexible and multi-skilled in approach to work
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and to use own initiative
- The ability to find creative and diplomatic solutions and work with other departments to achieve this
- An empathy with Channel 5’s brand and core values combined with a strong desire to contribute to the channel’s continued business success
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.