6 month fixed term contract
Are you passionate about Agile principles and practices? Can you drive a team forward, whilst focusing on dependency management for 1 - 3 teams?
We are looking for a skiled scrum master who;
- Drives efficient team operations by promoting a common understanding of Scrum roles, rituals, artifacts, and processes, ensuring their adherence through a voice of reason and authority, and by facilitating all Scrum ceremonies.
- Protects the team and puts the needs of the team first, keeping each team member focused on their role by proactively flagging and removing impediments to the team’s delivery on sprint commitments and overall performance, resolving conflicts both within the team and with stakeholders outside of the team.
- Optimizes the team to their highest potential and embodies the spirit of Agile and continuous improvement, by motivating the team towards self-organization, by surfacing data and learnings that illuminate areas to improve, and by continually learning and applying new tools and techniques to manage himself or herself and coach the team.
- Creates transparency into the team and trust with the business and stakeholders, by continuously honing team estimation capabilities, by keeping the team focused on delivering on their roadmap commitments, and by providing visibility into team progress through demos, sprint progress reporting, and communication.
- The Scrum Master will perform their duties within established guidelines and scaled Agile environments of the associated portfolio and greater Viacom organization. They will need to adhere to standards established across all Viacom Agile teams.
- Provides coaching around Agile frameworks and best practices for feature/project delivery, utilizing traditional project management approaches when needed
- Facilitates and/or supports Agile framework ceremonies for Agile teams
- Responsible for teaching and enforcing the values and principles of Agile, while promoting self-organization and constantly improving our standards of work
- Identifies, tracks, and removes impediments for feature/project and team success
- Facilitates the creation of a well-defined product backlog
- Ensures planning of go-live and deployment activities and facilitate their execution
- Ensures that all team members understand and accept their roles and responsibilities
- Assists with resource allocation and effective capacity planning for team to determine what team can take on in any given sprint
- Monitors sprint velocity and works with team to determine how they can continue to improve on velocity and recognize additional efficiencies as they mature
- Tracks and reports key project metrics, informing stakeholders as appropriate
- Manages feature/project delivery with respect to capital budgets
- Manages relationships with all invested parties, including (but not limited to): Product, Engineering, Brands/Audiences, and/or other key stakeholders
- Arbitrates and resolves conflict within the team
- Coordinates participation of different tech and business groups in requirements gathering, specifications, design, development and implementation of key projects
- Shields the team from outside “noise” or distractions that prohibit them from being successful
- Learns, understands, and actively uses project management & ticket tracking software to effectively manage the team’s backlog and sprint-committed items
- Proven Agile project management in a well-established, high-performing Agile software development environment with at least some dedicated team.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum and other Agile frameworks and software engineering practices, as well as traditional project management approaches
- Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
- Comfortable leading business and technology in vetting technical options
- Superb written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills (including with an executive audience)
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Certified Scrum Master and/or other Agile certifications are very strongly desired
- Experience with content management systems is preferred
- Experience driving initiatives within a media company and/or in an online consumer-facing business environment
- Possesses a solid technical background; ability to drive resolution of technical issues and incorporate technical and architectural considerations into planning, decisions, and recommendations
- Ability to influence and motivate people to high levels of performance and teamwork
- Demonstrated working partnership with engineers (including QA), technical and business management, department heads, and product managers
- Strong knowledge and passion about Agile principles and practices