MTV Shuga Project Manager
MTV Shuga Project Manager
Fixed Term Contract - 12 months
Location - Camden Town
The MTV Staying Alive Foundation (SAF) works to alleviate the high rates of HIV among young people globally. We do this by building the capacity of youth-led HIV initiatives and by developing and distributing ground-breaking mass media content to reach a global audience. Since 2005 our grassroots initiatives have educated 2.9m young people and our behaviour-change media campaigns have reached 720m. Through these dual approaches, we enhance knowledge, attitudes and behaviour, and work towards a future free from HIV. SAF is an independent charity and is funded by governments, foundations and public donations as well as significant in-kind support from Viacom International Media Networks.
Since 2009, SAF’s flagship behaviour change media campaign is MTV Shuga. The core of the campaign is a TV series and is complemented by online, social media, radio, and on the ground educational events aimed at young people aged 15 – 24 in South Africa and Nigeria primarily, as well as Kenya and other sub-Saharan African countries.
We are looking for a Project Manager who will oversee the implementation of the campaign in Nigeria, working closely with the Director of Content and Media as well as the deputy Executive Director of the MTV Staying Alive Foundation.
Leys Responsibilities include;
- Planning of all campaign elements, making sure all elements of the campaign are delivered in a timely manner and on budget
- Manage the overall budget of the campaign
- Liaise with funding partners and other stakeholders (such as government departments) throughout the campaign in Nigeria and USA;
- Responsible for all on the ground activities and manage any personnel involved in these activities.
- Work closely with Marketing and Partnership managers on the ground in Nigeria.
- Manage contracts with suppliers by working closely with the VIMN legal team and external lawyer
- Handle payments and invoices as well as managing suppliers in the delivery
- Liaise with external evaluators
- Experience of managing a large overall budget
- Experience of working internationally
- Experience of line management
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Office and IT experience essential
- Experience of working within a media campaign useful
- Experience of working in either South Africa or Nigeria useful
MTV Core Competencies:
- Is direct and honest in dealing with others
- Treats all people with respect and fairness
- Acts consistently with their words
- Follows ethical business practices
- Works effectively through job and organisation changes
- Deals constructively with frustration and stress, maintaining a professional and positive manner
- Creative Excellence
- Passion & Optimism
- Teamwork & Transparency
- Flawless Executive