Job Title: Creative Intern
Department: 5Creative, Channel 5
Location: Camden, London
Contract: Fixed-term, 12 months
Start Date: 11th June 2018
Salary: £19,890 per annum
Purpose of the Role
Are you bursting with creativity? Do you want to work in an award winning creative department in one of the best television companies in Britain?
As Creative Intern for Channel 5, you will generate first class creative content for use across our social and on air platforms. You will also assist in material management both internally and externally, as well as the production of documents and PowerPoint decks for meetings and pitches.
- Filming content for use in social and on the digital platforms
- Editing clips and creating promos for use both on air and in external media
- Generating social assets and responsibility for running the department feeds
- Assisting in meeting preparation including researching and copywriting
- Assisting in preparation work for pitches to internal/external clients
- Where necessary, chasing, ingesting and internal management of assets both digital and physical
- Where necessary, assisting in production and conversion of material for external media
- Where necessary, prepare promotions for delivery
- Experience and Knowledge
- Strong Creative Suite skills with a particular focus on Premiere and Photoshop
- Good technical knowledge and problem solving skills
- Demonstrable experience of social media awareness and presence
- Experience using CC and Adobe Premier
- Highly creative, proactive and ambitious
- Ability to communicate and listen to feedback
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Can work to tight deadlines and deal with pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About the Company
Now part of Viacom’s global portfolio, the Channel reaches 4 in 5 of the UK viewing public each month with a broad mix of popular content, including quality factual programmes, entertainment, reality, sport, 5 News, acquired and original drama and pre-school children’s programming through its award winning Milkshake! strand.
Sister channels 5Star and 5USA complement Channel 5 with a mix of must-see entertainment and US drama, while My5 is a free Video on Demand service with the latest programmes from Channel 5, 5USA, 5Star and Milkshake!.
Channel 5 turns 21 on 30th March, so you’ll be joining the team at a key milestone for the Channel. As the Channel comes of age, what better time to become part of Generation 5!
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work. This is embedded in our recruitment practices to ensure we hire the best talent and enrich our mix. For this reason, we are not filtering candidates via a CV this year, so please do not upload one with your application. Instead, we require you to complete a task relevant to the role so that we can assess your talent, creativity and passion.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This form summarises the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
***Please share any promos/videos that you have cut; blogs that you write, or anything else that you think shows your creative side***
The advert will close on Wednesday 28th February 2018 at midnight. Please note that we may close adverts early due to high demand. You will find out whether you have been successful by Friday 30th March.