International Account Manager (French speaker)
- Sell a portfolio of marketing solutions to a broad range of clients in the film industry, attending key festivals and events both in the UK and overseas. This is one of the best B2B media sales jobs in London and a very rare opportunity!
- Deliver on revenue targets for Screen International marketing solutions and events, selling to an international client base, including but not limited to France and the UK.
- Generate new business opportunities and new ideas for products and events.
About Media Business Insight Ltd
- MBI owns a unique portfolio of leading multichannel subscription based brands, offering content and insight to key decision makers and creative in the media industry across TV, advertising and marketing services, and film.
- MBI brands are: Broadcast, shots, Screen International, KFTV, The Knowledge and ALF Business Development
- The company has around 90 employees based in Shoreditch
- You will be selling advertising both in print and online, sponsorship, and creating commercial solutions for your clients working to their marketing objectives
- Screen International has been the leading film industry resource for over 40 years, covering international film markets on the ground and daily industry developments.
- Our writers and editors and global network of correspondents, provide in-depth analysis, opinion and commentary on the issues, people and products shaping the worldwide film industry.
- Screen International is the monthly print edition packed with in-depth analysis of the issues impacting the international film industry, plus special editions throughout the year covering the major industry markets and awards season.
- ScreenDaily.com is the real-time resource for the latest film news, movie reviews, festival reports, distribution deals, industry moves and box office data, keeping users up-to-date with the industry across all digital platforms.
- Screen Festival Dailies are the market leading daily newspapers produced in print and online at key markets including Cannes, Berlin, AFM, Toronto and Hong Kong, and the ultimate festival resource.
- World of Locations explores shooting in the world’s foremost locations hubs, giving readers insight into each territory’s unique production offering and how it is being used by ﬁlm-makers.
1) Strategy and Sales Development
- Develop and implement your own operational sales plan in line with the Sales strategy as directed by the Commercial Director
- Understand the economic and market dynamics across the different brands and apply this insight to further developing the business
- Be able to launch new products, working to key timelines and profit targets
2) Market & Product Knowledge
- Ensure a thorough working knowledge of the products for which you are responsible, their brand extensions and the markets in which they operate
- Ensure full awareness of all competitor activity
- Ensure an in depth knowledge of the industry and key trends that may generate new business opportunities.
3) Relationship Management
- Ensure all products achieve and maintain a high profile within the market, keeping appropriate levels of contacts with key clients
- Understand the customers’ business environment and their needs
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers based on personal rapport and an understanding of their business and market dynamics
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and communications with your internal stakeholders e.g. editorial/ marketing/production etc.
4) Sales Performance
- Deliver / exceed against monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets (revenues/share/yield) for each business area
- Be responsible for your own clients and demonstrate excellent customer service by operating best practice
- Identify and assess new product/business development to ensure sustainable growth.
- Maintain regular contact with existing key customers and endeavour to grow revenue and share
- Target, deliver and grow new business across your products
- Gather market intelligence from your own visits, and use to generate and implement NPD / Business development
- Work to agreed sales area KPI’s; define sales patch, segment opportunity; focus effort, manage and measure pipeline
5) Other Responsibilities
- Monitor festival market share for the whole team, feeding back data and analysis to the Commercial Director
- Help the Events team execute event operations and ensure all sponsorship deliverables are in place.
Personal Attributes & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- An energetic person who loves selling and closing new business deals
- A confident, sociable person, comfortable speaking to senior level clients.
- A proven track record of outperforming targets
- Experience selling multi-platform solutions including, print, online, video and events. Awards and conference experience beneficial but not crucial
- Experience of trouble shooting and ability to work to strict deadlines
- Experience working with clients directly is essential with examples of building rapport and trust
- Experience of working in a B2B or B2C publishing environment or in the Film industry is preferred
- Proven success of identifying new markets and new revenue streams- new product development
- Excellent internal communication skills
- Business level French is essential.
- International travel will be required to key film markets and festivals and for client visits
Apply for International Account Manager (French speaker)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly