Sports Information Services (SIS) are looking for an Assistant Producer to cover At The Races, a dedicated horse racing channel. This is a fixed term contract until 31st December 2018, is based in Milton Keynes, and has a competitive salary, plus a great benefits package.
The Assistant Producer contributes significantly to the production process and is responsible for specific programming elements delegated by the Producer. This diverse role encompasses VT editing, promo production, ensuring all broadcast material is delivered according to the Producers’ brief.
- Assist the Producer in the assembling of all the materials required for the programmes.
- Liaise with the editors to script & create promotions and features following a creative brief and incorporate the appropriate footage and graphics.
- Liaise with the editors to create VT packages of previous racing and breaking news events using appropriate graphics and music.
- Edit greyhound/horse race inserts, restoring clips from archive and sending to gallery for play out.
- Assist the Producer in ensuring all graphics are correctly titled and styled.
- Attend occasional filming in various locations.
- Assist in the production gallery.
- Research and offer input on all channel programming.
- Enter clip metadata in the media archive system.
- Work with the Producer to create and distribute daily running orders.
- Research programme content.
- Assist in the arrangement of interviews and shoots, calling participants where necessary.
- Work with VT and Technical Operators to ensure required content is made available.
- Liaise with the VT Library for retrieval of required archive content.
- Deal with 3rd party requests for content.
In order to do this you will have:
- Working experience in a broadcast environment and a working knowledge of TV production processes and techniques
- A basic working knowledge of desktop editing
- An interest in Horse Racing
- Knowledge of betting
- Computer Literacy