The ideal Development Producer candidate will have existing strong relationships with established and emerging writers, directors and agents. You will need to have a proven script editing background, creativity, passion, editorial instinct, varied taste and a determined and resourceful approach. Working in close partnership with the CEOs and development team, you will need to identify and be a champion for authored, fresh talent and ideas, working on and adding to our ambitious television and film slates.
- You will actively develop and research new ideas which can be pitched to the strongest writing and directing talent.
- You must be able to drive both existing and new projects through the development process and to the point of commission.
- You will be able to identify projects with the most potential from a range of proposals that are regularly submitted to House.
- You will be expected to engage widely with the agent community: keeping relationships and conversations active and articulating the current development needs of House.
- You will be expected to proactively organise materials, ideas and strategies for development initiatives, brainstorms, away days and workshops.
- You will work on a number of projects simultaneously, each of which is at different stages of production and development.
- You will relish the opportunity to work with the team at House, nurturing creative partnerships, preparing script reports, ideas and notes as required.
Skills, Experience and Expected Behaviours
- A passion for drama: television, film and theatre.
- Existing strong relationships with established writers, directors and agents.
- Excellent, proven script editing experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience of film and television output and development, including a keen awareness of material currently in development and potential gaps in the market.
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to lead constructive dialogue with sensitivity and tact.
- A strong understanding of editorial intentions. An enthusiasm to contribute to the generation of ideas and the resolution of script problems.
- The ability to work unsupervised, exercising initiative and assessing priorities but referring issues upwards where appropriate.
- The ability to sustain performance when under pressure from tight schedules and conflicting priorities.
- An enthusiasm to be a team player with strong interpersonal skills; able to work collaboratively
Apply for Development Producer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly