The ideal Script Editor candidate will have on-set script editing experience, enthusiasm, editorial instinct, creativity, varied taste and a determined and resourceful approach. Working with the development team and CEOs, you will need to be a champion for authored, fresh talent and ideas, working across our ambitious television and film projects.
- You will work closely with writers and the development team to progress existing projects on the House slates.
- You will be expected to prepare script notes for writers, directors and producers.
- You will assess material from a range of proposals that are regularly submitted to House.
- You will be able to consider and recommend the most suitable writers and talent for existing House projects.
- You will carry out research in support of new or existing ideas and projects.
- You will relish the opportunity to work with the team at House, nurturing creative partnerships, preparing script reports, ideas and notes as required.
Skills, Experience and Expected Behaviours
- A passion for drama: television, film and theatre.
- Excellent proven script editing experience in production.
- Existing relationships with writers, directors and agents.
- A strong understanding of editorial intentions. An enthusiasm to contribute to the generation of ideas and the resolution of script problems.
- Knowledge of film and television output and development, including an awareness of material currently in development and potential gaps in the market.
- Knowledge of script/talent sources and the availability and potential of emerging talent.
- Knowledge of new talent within the industry, with a proven ability to develop strong working relationships with agents and talent.
- An understanding of the importance of being able to operate flexibly and to manage a variable workload.
- The ability to deliver quality work, with high attention to detail, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- An enthusiasm to be a team player with strong interpersonal skills; able to work collaboratively.
House is committed to promoting opportunities equally, for all.