OB Unit Manager
• To plan and oversee delivery of Outside Broadcast projects.
• Dealing with clients, external suppliers, crew and venues.
• Technical design of the OB service and ensuring that it is delivered efficiently and to the highest standards.
• Ensuring that client requirements are met while maintaining budgetary control.
• Planning OB projects in accordance with Timeline booking procedures. This includes, specifying crew, equipment and contractors.
• Working in the London office on planning and support activities but primarily away on location.
• Working at the cutting edge of technology, devising innovative solutions to meet client requirements and being an effective contact point for the project.
• Support development of internal processes and facilities to support the business.
• OB projects will include those associated with our OB trucks, our flyaway production facilities, RF systems or any other Timeline Television service as well as working with our Stratford teams on studio projects when required.
• The job will involve a great deal of travelling, driving as well as travel by trains and planes. When working on location there will be frequent nights away from home in UK and sometimes abroad.
This role will be an important part of Timeline’s OB service offering and will help generate further growth in our expanding Outside Broadcast operations.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
• A positive, can-do attitude and calm under pressure.
•The ability to lead teams on live sport events in a fast-moving environment.
•Deal effectively with clients and other contacts at all levels, ensuring effective communication between all parties.
•High standard of customer service.
•The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
• A high level of technical knowledge in all fields of broadcast technology such as: electronics, lenses, fibre optics, RF, Satellite, electrical power, compression, IP networks and file-based video workflows.
•Good knowledge of TV operations on live sport Outside Broadcasting.
•Clear understanding of business concepts such as costing, pricing, investment and an ability to manage budgets.
•A thorough knowledge of all relevant Health & Safety regulations.
Up to Degree/BTEC level or equivalent is required.
Significant experience in a responsible operational role in TV Outside Broadcast.
This is a brief outline of your duties, however, please be aware that your job description may be changed at any time to meet business requirements. You may be given additional projects and workloads from the Timeline Management team, and you will be expected to comply with all reasonable requests.
In return we offer, an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including private health care, medical cash benefits, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance to name a few.
We also organise regular social events, giving you the opportunity to get to know employees from across different locations.