Graduate RF Broadcast Engineer
Graduate RF Broadcast Engineer – September 2018
Greenford, Ealing, Stratford & Outside Broadcast Locations as required
About the Role
We are looking for Graduate RF Broadcast Engineers, who will work primarily on OB locations and at our Greenford base with occasional work at other Timeline locations as necessary to cover programme and maintenance needs. The Graduate RF Broadcast Engineer is expected to achieve high level skill in the maintaining, aligning, modifying and operating the wide range of RF & Satellite equipment and systems deployed on remote Outside Broadcast projects and other Timeline business environments. The Engineer is required to work at the highest level of technical complexity under programme and/or operational pressures.
This two-year development programme includes secondments to various engineering departments, giving you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and develop practical skills for an exciting and rewarding career in Vision Engineering. As a Graduate trainee, you can expect to put all the theory you have learnt over the past 3 years at university in to practice within an innovative organisation that will put you at the forefront of new and exciting Broadcast Technology and prepare you for long term career.
You will have an opportunity to explore our many different departments and with Timeline Television the opportunities are limitless.
Our Graduate RF Broadcast Engineer role could be right for you if you are interested in pursuing one of the following careers:
- Outside Broadcast RF Engineer
- RF Systems Engineer
- Satellite Engineer
- Outside Broadcast Engineer
- Maintenance and operation of equipment used on RF & Satellite trucks, OB trucks, ‘Flyaways’ and other Timeline installations.
- Supporting the development of innovative solutions.
- Working collaboratively with production teams and Timeline colleagues to ensure that operational and production needs are effectively and efficiently met.
- Ensuring that technical faults are cleared, or alternative ways of meeting requirements are identified and implemented with the minimum loss of time.
- Accurate alignment and checking of RF equipment.
- Rigging and operating equipment as required.
- Operating Spectrum Analysers and other network & transmission monitoring devices.
- Involvement with build and refurbishment projects.
- Developing skills and knowledge within the broadcast industry
Following appropriate training and as required, performing general operational duties including:
- Opening and closing RF Trucks and OB trucks for deployment or travel.
- Dealing with mains power feeds, ensuring for safe operation.
- Operating and managing RF, satellite and TV systems.
- Sound, camera and vision systems rigging, movement and de-rigging.
- Rigging and de-rigging a wide range of ancillary OB equipment.
- Driving RF trucks.
You will the hit the ground running, working directly alongside our skilled engineers, getting hands on experience on projects ranging from outside broadcasts, to studio productions and post-production for our major broadcast clients.
After a full induction, we will also offer you a mix of internal and external training, and you will have access to your own mentor to support your career development.