1 day left
- Job Type
MTV are expanding and are looking for an adaptable and digitally savvy Visual Editor with strong design and photography background and commissioning experience to lead ahead of the curve visual communication across our newest multi-platform verticals; MTV FIT, MTV TRAVEL, MTV BEAUTY and MTV Lifestyle.
Reporting to the Head of Creative, Multiplatform; the Visual Editor will be responsible for bringing all fitness, travel and lifestyle focused editorial and branded content to life through engaging graphics, motion graphics, art direction, photography and visual storytelling across all of MTV’s online platforms including website, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Instagram Stories, IGTV, Twitter and Snapchat Discover.
The Visual Editor will have considerable knowledge of editorial, advertising, promotion, social and digital landscapes and would be required to execute all projects from concept to completion with the bigger picture in mind. You will be working across a wide breadth of briefs including but not limited to development of MTV Fit & Travel visual identities, visual storytelling of all section content, creative branded content, commercial pitches and art direction of vertical video strands.
The role would suit an experienced Designer and promising Art Director, particularly those with backgrounds in fitness, lifestyle or entertainment.
You will need to own:
- Execution of all fitness, travel and lifestyle creative briefs from concept to completion
- Development of visual identities, creating unique “image” and “brand” for each project, ensuring it falls in line with wider MTV look & feel
- Contributing a strong creative style and voice to a brief that will enhance the brand digitally
- Day to day picture editing and art working across new verticals
- A lot of social media design
- Creative commissioning
- Discover, develop and maintain relationships with current and emerging creative talent: videographers, photographers, stylists, illustrators, designers, etc.
- Creating key art for video packages, development of design toolkits and templates
- Excellent knowledge of the MTV brand is essential, as is the ability to produce fresh and unexpected ideas for online content and promoting it.
- A considerable knowledge of a post-production environment will ensure the ability to work under considerable pressure in a fast moving and very creative department.
- A sound knowledge of MTV UK’s competitors, particularly in social and digital landscapes
- To create and deliver all visuals and graphics elements to deadline
- To create and deliver all visuals graphics elements within budget
- To work closely, support and help the producers to realise graphic solutions and add coherent graphic value to on air material
- To be up to date with the latest design and youth culture trends.
- Strong understanding of visual language in youth culture.
- To recommend new technology and creative solutions
- To work across all departments at MTV to create design solutions where required.
- Implement compelling, effective and relevant design at all times.
- Ensuring creative excellence at all times across the portfolio.
- A self motivated and creative all rounder
- Creative thinker and problem solver enjoys generating innovative ideas and solutions, devising new and exciting ways to engage audiences. Ability to think outside of the box.
- Excellent creative abilities, design sense and aesthetic judgement
- Graphic design excellence
- Passion for design, photography, layout, typography, art direction, motion graphics and all aspects of the creative process
- Proven talent through an outstanding portfolio
- Excellent operating knowledge of digital systems and graphic technology
- Experienced user in Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Indesign, PPT/ keynote
- Experience in Maya/Cinema 4D would be preferred
- Experience of CMS systems and confidence in basic HTML.
- Proficient photo editing skills
- Thorough understanding of social and digital landscape and it’s visual language
- Good knowledge of MTV’s digital brands and social landscape across the board
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Love of lifestyle and fitness a must.
- A positive and can do attitude
- Flexible approach with the ability to multitask.
- Team player, sociable and remains calm under pressure.
- Passion for youth culture. Knowledge of celebrities and pop culture a must.
Passionate about design
Excellent communication skills
Good team player.
Patient and good under pressure
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work. This should be embedded in our recruitment practices to ensure we hire the best talent and enrich our mix. So when you are hiring for your team, think outside the box, be ope