HR Assistant (12 month FTC)
Name: HR Assistant
Department/Region: Human Resources
Reporting to: HR Business Partner
Contract: 12 month FTC
You are known for your amazing organisational skills and ability to manage multiple requests and priorities. Not only can you multitask in a fast pace commercial organisation, your customer service skills are second to none and you love being the first point of contact. People gravitate towards you and your 1st class communication skills have created quick and long lasting rapport with those in the business. You don’t shy away from data, reports, administration and making a process your own. You’re super organized and therefore have the bandwidth to be proactive and use your initiative to streamline processes as well as getting involved in project work. You aren’t precious about the remits of your job description and you love rolling your sleeves up to support the team wherever possible, because you love the exposure and diversity that brings.
Does this sound like you? If so welcome to the rare and exciting opportunity to join a large organisation with big name brands in an amazing industry. You’ll work with a talented, innovative, fun & supportive team whilst get exposure to key HR processes and providing all round professional support to the HR function. You’ll build and develop your HR skills & experiences.
Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland represents 20 channels that offer the very best in music, comedy and kids programming through its MTV, Channel 5, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon brands. The brands have been market leaders across the three primary genre groups for more than 10 years, reaching 22.9 million homes through SKY, cable and Freeview.
As the dedicated HR Assistant for MTV, Comedy Central and MTV you would work alongside a HR Advisor and report to the HR Business Partner for the Viacom Pay Brands (MTV, CC and Nickelodeon) specifically. However, you will also be part of the wider VIMN HR team and be expected to work closely with the 2 other HR Assistants to ensure consistency of admin processes across all the VIMN brands in London, along with working on projects as part of the wider team.
- Issue contracts of employment, ensuring correct accompanying forms and documents are enclosed and returned
- Meet all new joiners to ensure all paperwork has been completed correctly
- Process Joiners Forms and P46/P45 to payroll
- Manage the Leavers procedure ensuring employees are aware of payroll deadlines and that Payroll are aware of leavers details
- Calculate leaver’s holiday entitlements, inform them of the process of returning company property and ensure exit interviews are completed
- Manage the timely communication of written changes to terms & conditions of employment (promotions, job title changes, etc.) with appropriate HOD authorisation
- Complete the administration process regarding maternity leavers and returners
- Ensure all payroll processes are adhered to, establishing an efficient transparent process that is understood by everyone in the HR department and that works well in the event of you being out of the office
- Work with the HR Business Partner and Advisor to ensure all payroll information is captured, recorded and processed for payroll
- Work to monthly payroll deadlines, ensuring all paper work is processed
- Manage PeopleSoft input, ensuring accurate and up to date data; work with the Compliance & Reporting Analyst to consider ways to enhance the system
- Work with the Compliance & Reporting Analyst to ensure key management reports are accurate
- Be the first point of contact for any PeopleSoft related queries from MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central employees (i.e. relating to annual leave, unapproved absences etc.)
- Support the HR Advisor in running MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central specific inductions for new starters, with a view to running these independently
- Liaise with L&D Coordinator to ensure all new starters are invited to and attend the Company Induction
- Assist the HRBP with recruitment campaigns – arranging interviews/rooms for interviews, giving feedback, liaising with line managers etc.
- Handle end to end recruitment process for junior level MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central vacancies, working with line managers in the business to ensure adherence to the process and that a fair and objective recruitment process is carried out in accordance with VIMN process.
- Support the HR Advisors/BPs in running intern assessment centres, and also lead on some of these
- Ensure sufficient supplies of HR documents are available for use such as Flexible Benefits brochures, New Starter Packs, benefits documentation, eye care vouchers etc.
- Ensure all new starters references have been requested and received in accordance with the company time framescompany time frames
- Keep filing of letters and contracts etc. up to date to ensure the department is well organised
- Process PO’s through SAP as required
- Ensure all data is provided to the Reward team in a timely manner to capture new additions and changes for Flexible Benefits
- Ensure that all Personnel files and records are accurately maintained
- Work with the HR Advisor to deliver sickness data, as well as entry and exit interview data for MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central and other brands.
- Monitor and liaise with line managers on sickness issues that are identified as part of the above
- Respond to client base queries by phone, email or in person; assisting on those queries where possible or passing to the relevant team member
- Update on a monthly basis organisation charts with employee changes and refer to HR Business Partner/Advisor for review
- Assist HR Business Partner/Advisor with employee relations issues through note-taking and follow up documents
- Send out mid and end of probation reminders to line managers
- Complete and issue freelance contracts
- Assist the Compliance & Reporting Analyst in developing PeopleSoft, to enable them to fulfil reporting requirements where needed
Ad hoc responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to HR Business Partner/Advisor, and assist with ad hoc projects as required
- Constantly looking for efficiencies in order to improve our HR processes
- Solid administrative experience within a fast paced office environment
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Database)
- A desire to build a career within HR and or studying towards your HR qualification
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail are essential
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to follow business processes
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to use initiative
- Discretion / Confidentiality
- Ability to manage own workload on day to day basis
- Experience using PeopleSoft or another HR data base (desirable)
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work. This should be embedded in our recruitment practices to ensure we hire the best talent and enrich our mix. So when you are hiring for your team, think outside the box, be open minded and champion difference.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.