Senior Key Account Designer
Senior Key Account Designer
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
The Key Account Designer position sits within the London office of Nickelodeon and Viacom Consumer Products (part of Viacom International Media Networks). NVCP are responsible for the licensing management and product development across the successful portfolio of Viacom brands across both MTV & Nickelodeon.
The team in London provide support to the International business, (Asia, EMEA, America’s) as well as regional and local support across Business and Legal, Finance, Sales, Brand Management (strategy, planning) and Creative (asset development, product development, marketing, retail and promotional materials).
Working within the DTR Design team, who develop original designs for our direct to retail Soft lines business and EMEA product approvals for these retail partnerships, this role will focus on the generation of original creative assets and designs for retailers as well as managing the product approval submissions attributed to the DTR.
As part of the International Brand Management team, the Key Account Designer sits within the EMEA DTR Design team and reports to the DTR Design Manager, EMEA.
- Researching, identifying and informing of fashion trends, across all consumer demographics, for the purpose of crafting original designs and assets for use on consumer products.
- Work with the DTR Design Manager, EMEA to share consumer and trend insight for the purpose of informing creative development across all NCP and MTV brands.
- Working with the DTR Design Manager set the creative direction for our DTR partners aligning creative ideas with local business and retail strategies. Identify the creative needs of your retailer/s and provide solutions to meet these needs. Ensure brand values and product quality are maintained through all projects.
- Responsible for the development of original artwork assets: seasonal, limited collections and fast fashion, to support Key Account and Fashion Account needs, including the production of design and exclusive artwork assets for retailers.
- Work with other brands, (as identified by Nickelodeon and MTV brand teams), for the purpose of producing design assets if needed.
- Develop seasonal trend focused garment shapes across all age demos.
- Drive the Nickelodeon and MTV consumer products business by initiating creative development meetings with Key Account and Fashion partners, as identified by the retail and sales team, to discuss the properties, including asset availability, submissions process, creative and innovative branding ideas.
- Assist the Retail and Sales team in presenting to partners.
- Build relationships with key retailers by visiting and working with the designers and buying contacts to scope out new briefs and design collections.
- Manage the smooth running of projects and briefs as supplied by the creative managers and business teams plus external partners.
- Brief to and manange the work flow of design to the wider design team plus freelance suport designers if required.
- Feed back to the design mananger & business teams design output plus suport requriement to ensure smooth output of design and product development for the DTR account.
- Review and manage the product approval submissions directly from external partners. Providing written feedback and supporting this with appropriate visuals or amended designs where appropriate. Directly returning all completed comments to all external partners within a specified time frame on Nick Central.
- Reviewing all pre-production submissions, referring to original comments made, ensuring all requested changes have been implemented and the finished quality of the product is of a high standard.
- Manage production samples, and providing feedback on these, archiving and managing sample distribution.
- Assist in the organisation of Key Account and Fashion Account road shows. Developing creative presentations, product set ups and presenting at these summits when required.
- Ensure the smooth running of the approval process, and continually identifying where improvements in process and communication can be made.
- Providing regular updates to the Creative and Retail teams to ensure fluency and understanding of product development including licensee /partner feedback.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- BA or Technical College qualification related to design and product field
- Currently working within a designer role, ideally within a licensing environment.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and limitations
- Essential – excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite especially Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator and have strong creative and design skills
- Competent understanding of the licensing industry, including licensing contracts and agreements.
- Intermediate experience within the Microsoft Office programs – Excel, Word PPT.
- Design experience within kid’s product development is preferable.
- Experience working within Retail design is preferable.
- A second language is preferable.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects in various stages simultaneously, with excellent time management skills.
- A strong decision maker. Can prioritise well, manage a high-pressure environment and work to tight deadlines.
- Possesses a positive attitude, is solutions focused and has an energetic approach to work.
- Flexibility, self motivated and an ability to work independently
- Pro-active team player and highly responsive to requests
- Creative flair – natural ability to work with trends and product development concepts
Viacom Core Competencies:
• Communicates and Listens
• Builds Relationships
• Influences and Negotiates
• Takes Initiative
• Manages the Work
• Composure and Flexibility
• Acts with Integrity Thinking and Problem Solving
• Develops creative products and solutions
• Judgment and analysis
• Creative Excellence
• Passion & Optimism
• Teamwork & Transparency
• Flawless Executive