Studio Broadcast Engineer
Our client is a leading sports broadcaster and they are looking for a studio engineer for their ever expanding facility and exciting cutting edge technology offerings, they are looking for someone to provide engineering support to their facility which includes 4 HD broadcast studios, 1 UHD and 9 HD galleries, a post production village, multi-channel MCR and playout operation.
- Maintain and operate equipment in Studios, MCR and associated technical areas.
- Work closely with production teams and other technical departments to ensure that the operational needs of their clients and its production partners are met effectively.
- Devise ways of achieving the technical requirements of programme makers by means of innovation and development.
- Ensure that technical faults are resolved quickly, or alternative solutions implemented, so that the broadcast output and studio operation is not impacted.
- Ensure that all electronic equipment is maintained and aligned to defined standards and is modified and updated as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A minimum of two years' engineering experience in a similar broadcast environment.
- Training and qualifications relevant to broadcast engineering.
- Comprehensive appreciation of end-to-end production processes and a good understanding of the ‘live’ transmission chain in a broadcast environment.
- A positive, enthusiastic manner with the ability to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from production staff and clients.
- Experience of working in a similar customer facing technical support role.
- Knowledge and experience of vision, sound, routing, communication and computer systems as they relate to a television studio or broadcast environment.
- Excellent trouble shooting and technical issue diagnostic skills. Able to monitor/report on the progress of tasks in a constructive and appropriate manner.
- Able to make a critical assessment of television pictures and waveforms as necessary.
- Good knowledge of file-based formats, workflows and technologies.
- Good understanding of IT and TCIP networking infrastructure.
- Experience of writing clear documentation for projects, repairs and upgrades.
- Effective communication and good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to remain calm under pressure.
This is a 7/14 shift-based role which includes weekend work and some night shifts.